FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bank or Boat?  (Read 7821 times)

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Bank or Boat?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:51 PM »
If I had the choice it would be both in the summer I mostly fish from shore for big channel cats would like to try a jon boat in the river though :) I get out in my step-dads boat a couple of times in the summer to fish for perch it's hard to get out with him as much we work opposite shifts :P  Would love to have a lund 16 ft aluminum with at least 35 horses rod storage ,livewell, carpet and mabey a trolling motor too  ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:00 AM »
I love fishing from shore and in my boat. To keep the costs down I do a lot of drift fishing or I anchor. My boat is only a 14ft with a 25hp Evinrude so it is very economical. Yes I would love a Pro V but my budget says the 14ft better last a few more years. from shore I use my 8 ft rod that I can cast a mile away with. That rod is scary. ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

wny angler

« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2004, 05:24 AM »
i do about 85% of my fishing from shore or wading -in the fall and spring i wade the streams for steelhead - in the spring i fish canals for crappie and wade out onto shallow bars to cast for walleye at night,also do a little bank fishing for cats at night in june.i use the boat in the spring to fish northerns and walleye. iv'e caught most  of my best fish from shore

crappieman12887

« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2004, 11:53 PM »
fishing is fishing weather it be in my boat or sitting on the bank as long as iam having a good time catching a fish once in awhile it doesnt really matter.bill

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2004, 03:27 AM »
Variety is the spice of life. I boat fish quite a bit ....mostly because I have a boat.....Springtime is for dock fishing....early summer and fall are for stream fishing....Winter is for the hard water.

Today may be my first boat trip of the year.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

suskymusky

« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:34 AM »
I don't own a boat, so I mostly fish from shore or wade.My friends have boats, and know who to call when they need a fishing partner.The one boat launch we use has a 45 degree angle, and its impossible to launch by yourself.My buddy stays in the truck with his foot on the brake,and I crawl on the trailer to push it off.( Is the plug in???)When I get my bills paid up and get some extra money, I'm looking for a jet drive so I can get to some spots I can only fish by wading right now.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2004, 09:49 AM »
I  will take the boat. One of mine or I have friends that have boats. ;) ;)
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2004, 10:05 AM »
I fished from shore for a few years and always wanted to get a boat to get out and search for all the fish.  After I got the boat I realized that having a boat gives you more opportunity to not catch fish.  Having a boat gets you around,  but doesn't catch the fish.  With all that being said, I wish I had a boat again.  I really enjoy bing out ON the water and chasing the fish.  You don't always have to take the boat out,  but it's nice to have the option.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2004, 10:19 AM »
I have shore fished all my life. Keeps things simple and makes the ice season all the more special.
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

PERCH INC.

• Monster Perch Rulz!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2004, 10:31 AM »
Love to fish by land or by sea!!! Streams-Lakes-Rivers-Ponds you name it I'll fish it!! 8)
Pass it on !! "Hunting and Fishing"

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2004, 11:49 AM »
I have to say I prefer to fish from the boat  ;D , it lets me put some distance from my fellow anglers ;) . I still do bank fish and enjoy that as well .  All that reallly matters is , you get to go fishing and forget about the problems of life for a few minutes and concentrate on landing your next fish.

good fishing to all

MIke k

monarkman

« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2004, 01:46 PM »
Boat only, fish belong in the water I belong in the boat! ;D

crappieloo

« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2004, 01:54 PM »
If given the choice do you like terra firma or floata boata?  
I don't like either one :o Sometimes im forced to bank fish, and other times i fish from a canoe. Mostly i dont like standing on land to fish or being on top of the water. I like to be ''in'' the water by wading. A lot of times i just use the canoe to get to a spot and beach it to wade fish.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Boat all the way. Up until last year, I didn't have a boat. Since I got one, I've begun catching more fish, more often. Fishing from a bank just doesn't cut it when you want to fish a weedline, or the ege of a creek channel that is just too far away from shore. I shore fish ONE pond, and that's only because I took the canoe home from the pond. I shore fish a couple rivers as well, only because they're so small. Think about all the shoreline that you CAN'T fish. For instance, if there's a launch on a lake that doesn't have public access anywhere else, then what? Or what if the vegitation is overgrown along the bank, and you can only fish a few spots, where every Tom, Dick, and Harry fishes. Sure, if you're interested in bluegills then you won't have a problem catching fish. But when bass go deep, you're out of luck.

-Zach

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2004, 06:33 PM »
Cider, it is working out great. An is realy not that hard to row. I have been able to cover a lot more water with it. I went out and bought two Caddis rod holders for it so I am able troll the lakes as well. With just the paddles I can get going fast enough to troll. But I think my next step for it will be a little trolling motor. I think it is well worth the money Cider. The only draw back I can see with it is that it is hard to control when the wind starts getting high. Here is a web sity you can go to to check some pontoon boats out.

http://www.ezflyfish.com/outponboat.html

don't go in the wind with one of those, its hell!

I like using my pontoon boat to get to unfished spots on rivers, but I row to the bank to fish. In lakes, trolling is difficult with them. I prefer bank fishing, but I use boats on small bass lakes and I use boats to get to better fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.