FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 342889 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #2820 on: Sep 07, 2023, 03:47 PM »
Ironic and really sad to come home to this just 40 yards from my driveway.. >:( >:( >:(

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #2821 on: Sep 07, 2023, 05:14 PM »
Yea..that stinks

iceman260

« Reply #2822 on: Sep 08, 2023, 06:04 AM »
That really sucks, happens quite often near me also.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2823 on: Sep 08, 2023, 06:21 AM »
That’s not the first time I have found one under that sign.. >:( >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #2824 on: Sep 08, 2023, 08:03 AM »
I got out with my middle son Sunday for some geese!!

SeanP

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2825 on: Sep 08, 2023, 08:10 AM »
Nice job dad and son..👍👍👍

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2826 on: Sep 08, 2023, 08:29 AM »
goose jerky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   nice job....

i hate seeing animals  laying on the side of the road  myself  .......i'm the guy that stops and grabs turtles by the tail and tosses them off the road ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

filetandrelease

« Reply #2827 on: Sep 08, 2023, 12:12 PM »

X2 on the jerky

Fabow

« Reply #2828 on: Sep 11, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Can anyone point me in the right direction for kayak fishing on Cayuga for lakers? Saw a video and it looked like a fun way to kill an afternoon. Never been there so any help would be appreciated or maybe direct me to the correct thread. Coming up from Binghamton. Thanks.

TomFish

« Reply #2829 on: Sep 14, 2023, 01:27 PM »
Has anybody bought the Habitat and Access stamp this year with your hunting license? My town clerk hasn't received any.

also, if you arent already: buy your license at the town clerk. Way friendlier and more knowledgeable than the goons behind the counter at your average Walmart.

nh3fitter

« Reply #2830 on: Sep 14, 2023, 03:33 PM »
My town hall also had not received stamps when I bought mine

62 & Done

« Reply #2831 on: Sep 14, 2023, 04:41 PM »
Here I go again - I just can't help it but this is a subject that gets me hot. I think that every person who sets foot on public property should be required to purchase a habitat stamp. Why should NYS hunters and fishermen (and ladies) feel that they have to purchase a habitat stamp and foot the bill for everyone else?  Take a ride into the Dacks, or the Catskills, and count the out of state plates. These people are all using "our" property scott free. No permits no stamps no nothing. When you see an out of stater slide his boat into a public launch who payed for it. How about the tree huggers down in the city who want to dictate how we live and when and where I can cut firewood. Do they own a habitat stamp? When you see trails being maintained who payed for it? Not Them.

Make it mandatory for all and I'll be the first one in line. With things the way they are, there is a dark place where they can put their Habitat stamp. Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2832 on: Sep 14, 2023, 04:44 PM »
Absolutely right. All hikers and mountain bikers should be required to have one..

62 & Done

« Reply #2833 on: Sep 14, 2023, 04:58 PM »
Sorry I made it sound like it's all the nonresidents. It's not. People in your own back yard are taking you for a ride. Just take a good look around and you'll start to boil also.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2834 on: Sep 14, 2023, 06:02 PM »
Sorry I made it sound like it's all the nonresidents. It's not. People in your own back yard are taking you for a ride. Just take a good look around and you'll start to boil also.

Correct.

Many non-residents buy fishing and hunting licenses, and snowmobile trail passes.

But you are correct, many people don't pay for the privilege of using our natural resources.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.