FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: pigeon report - 06 apr, 2007  (Read 1428 times)

wildman

pigeon report - 06 apr, 2007
« on: Apr 09, 2007, 01:49 PM »
made it to mulhurst around 8-ish on friday morning.
set up in the exact spot we were at the week before.
started GOOD!!!! my buddy landed a nice 18+"-er on the 1st drop of the hook!!!!! i landed another 2 mins later!!!!
10 mins later, landed my BIGGEST OF THE SEASON!!!!
a hugely FAT 21 7/8 "-er!!!! these fish were BIG again!!! beyond hump-back!!!
the 1st hour was GOOD. saw probably a dozen, missed a handful of nudge-bump-bites, and landed 3 from 18 1/4-21 7/8"!!!!
slowed down lots after that. saw several more. landed our 4th. another 20+"-er the next hour. then they seemed to just stop biting.
saw more but they wouldn't commit. then they stopped coming around... 1/2 hr. later had a 3-4lb. walleye inhale my hook!!! saw 3-4 of them that day. landed only one.
the guys beside us landed double what we did. went and talked to them and saw they were using stuff we did not own. now we know what the super-secret hooks are tho!!!
if we are able to access the ice next weekend, we'll try one last hurrah!!! well worth the effort for the size alone!!!! i personally have landed 4 whites over the 20" mark in the last 2 trips there.
upon returning home, i went to clean the whites and thought the near 22"-er felt really HEAVY!!! so i put her on the digi-scale. she went 4.7lbs!!!!!
i never take those hand-held scale as accurate, but they give you a good, close guess!! probably within a few ounces at least!!! SUPER-FATTY HOG!!!!
way too fun!!! cheers, gw

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
Re: pigeon report - 06 apr, 2007
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Good to hear that you had some late season luck - Get any pics of those fatties?

wildman

Re: pigeon report - 06 apr, 2007
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2007, 09:30 AM »
i DID!!!
i have no computer at home tho so i plan to post a bunch at a time when i develope my memory card and burn it to a disk.
STAY TUNED!!!!! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.