FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Steelhead & Domestic Rainbow Trout Strains discussion  (Read 56423 times)

lpv89

Re: Steelhead & Domestic Rainbow Trout Strains discussion
« Reply #165 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:01 PM »
I know its a bad pic but what is this
that would be a Jack King. probally came into the river to eat some eggs  ;D ;D
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

lakerdave

« Reply #166 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:08 PM »
No it was some kind of Steelhead. It's just a bad pic.Deff not a king  ::)

lpv89

« Reply #167 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:38 PM »
too me looks like a king. ive caught a few like that this year. you can tell by the thick back and the spot.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #168 on: Nov 14, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Its not a king. Hard to tell with the way the color is. Does kinda look like one and your post made me look again. Look at the anal fin. Def not a king

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #169 on: Nov 15, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Def a bow!

lpv89

« Reply #170 on: Nov 15, 2011, 01:20 PM »
im still stuck on that the first blue picture is a really fresh jack. i even asked a couple of my buddies they said jack as well. maybe its just the picture throwing it off. but the spots on the top side of its back make it seem more king

lpv89

« Reply #171 on: Nov 15, 2011, 01:22 PM »

heres one of the many jacks i have caught likes might similar to the first blue picture. just been in the creek maybe a little longer so it has a more yellowish tint

lakerdave

« Reply #172 on: Nov 15, 2011, 02:58 PM »
No man deff a Steelhead. It looks nothing like the pic u posted. I know what a king looks like .

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #173 on: Nov 15, 2011, 05:15 PM »
im still stuck on that the first blue picture is a really fresh jack. i even asked a couple of my buddies they said jack as well. maybe its just the picture throwing it off. but the spots on the top side of its back make it seem more king
its cause of the color. Its a steelies. Look at the anal fin then compare that to the pic you posted

fishgalore

« Reply #174 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:34 PM »

heres one of the many jacks i have caught likes might similar to the first blue picture. just been in the creek maybe a little longer so it has a more yellowish tint

Go to the Salmon River picture posts thread on p120 and look at Centerpindrews photo's of a King & Steelie. You'll see the difference real fast in those shots. Meaning, that of the anal fin.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #175 on: Nov 15, 2011, 07:02 PM »
yeah  lakerdave  that  right  there   from  color   shape   traits  ....  i'm  going  out  on  a  limb   here  and  saying  thats   a Oncorhynchus mykiss!!!!   i'm  pretty   positive   of  this  call

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishgalore

« Reply #176 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:28 PM »
yeah  lakerdave  that  right  there   from  color   shape   traits  ....  i'm  going  out  on  a  limb   here  and  saying  thats   a Oncorhynchus mykiss!!!!   i'm  pretty   positive   of  this  call

The problem with that Trapper is that O Mykiss has been kissing to many other O Mykiss and making even more O Mykiss so that you can't tell one O Mykiss from another!   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

esox v

« Reply #177 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:57 PM »

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #178 on: Nov 16, 2011, 05:28 AM »
so  fg  your  saying Oncorhynchus mykiss may be a pretty fish  but  is a  fish  with  low  moral  standards?????   :rotflol:

fg  something  i  really  have  finally  grasp is  ...the  steelhead  is  the  natural  lifestyle  for Oncorhynchus mykiss the land  lock  is  the  off  shoot  ...but  it's  not  a  physical  change  it's  simply  a  change  in there  envoriment  .....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishgalore

« Reply #179 on: Nov 16, 2011, 03:54 PM »
so  fg  your  saying Oncorhynchus mykiss may be a pretty fish  but  is a  fish  with  low  moral  standards?????   :rotflol:

fg  something  i  really  have  finally  grasp is  ...the  steelhead  is  the  natural  lifestyle  for Oncorhynchus mykiss the land  lock  is  the  off  shoot  ...but  it's  not  a  physical  change  it's  simply  a  change  in there  envoriment  .....

Yep, that's what I think..............bunch of whoremonger madams they are!

In the Great Lakes they are land locked (O Mykiss), so to speak since they can't go out to the ocean. Therefore,  the Steelies O Mykiss Irideus (coastal) go out to the Lake instead and return. The subspecies, river dwelling beasts, are no match for their counterparts in some respects as a result.  According to the link I'm posting the Steelies are part time river dwellers and part time (ocean or Great Lakes) big water dwellers. So the primary difference is size, color, migration and they dominate the river when they return (whatever that means) providing a superior fight for anglers. They must bully their sibling counterparts.  :rotflol: Same exact fish different lifestyle, characteristics and or features that set them apart. That means they are so closely alike that, in some cases, they would be virtually impossible to tell apart.   ??? :unsure: :wacko:

http://bss.sfsu.edu/holzman/courses/fall01%20projects/rainbow%20trout.htm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.