FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512988 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3210 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:28 PM »
🤢🤢🤢 not my flavor fav.

Rg
really, as I get older I find I like them more and more. They came out pretty good, just did a simple old world brine of Cider Vinegar, Brown sugar, and water.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3211 on: Oct 15, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Probably a leftover from something my Mom made. She wasn't a very good cook.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3212 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Took your advice Ed and Scored a dehydrator at Goodwill today.

Mr. Coffee. 5 trays. Works fine.....$5.99.

I'll be drying herbs and hot peppers tomorrow. Might take  a shot at apples at some point.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3213 on: Oct 19, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Lots of gardening today. Cleanup mostly. Prepped the garlic beds. Added manure/compost/sand/bone meal. I'll let them set for a week and plant next weekend. Pulled the wax beans, some of the dahlias and marigolds. Cut the sedum back ( that's up for transplant), cropped the plantains and pruned the lilacs.

Later I jacked up the tractor, removed the blades and cleaned under the deck. I'll put the high lift blades on it tomorrow to get ready for picking up leaves.

Super fall day to be outside playing in the dirt.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #3214 on: Oct 20, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Took your advice Ed and Scored a dehydrator at Goodwill today.

Mr. Coffee. 5 trays. Works fine.....$5.99.

I'll be drying herbs and hot peppers tomorrow. Might take  a shot at apples at some point.

Rg
Tough to beat that price Bob! We really enjoy our Hot pepper blend. Used some in a Venison and shrimp stir fry Friday night with the niece and nephew. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3215 on: Oct 20, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Did a test run on it without anything in it yesterday. At 2 hours it was running at about 172 in the warmest part of the trays. Think I'm going to make some additional vent holes in the top with adjustable closures to regulate the heat.

Read a few negative reports about this dehydrator because it doesn't have a thermostat. Guess they weren't smart enough to allow some additional air to escape.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3216 on: Oct 25, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Dehydrator is working great! Have a good batch of chilis and cayenne peppers just about done.

Getting ready to plant my garlic. Beds are prepped and have been sitting for a week. I'll wait another week til I plant. This morning I turned a "garlic dibbler" for planting.

Should get me planting at exactly 4".

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3217 on: Oct 25, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Got the garlic planted, screened and mulched this afternoon. Dropped 115 cloves in the beds. They're happy till spring.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #3218 on: Oct 27, 2019, 05:24 AM »

Garlic's going in as soon as the rain lets up. Letting the peppers go another week, if we get the snow predicted next weekend it's a wrap. Heck of a year, so glad I did the raised beds! Gave my good friends adopted boys a jar of pickle chips, and a half gallon jar of mutant pickle halves, they went pretty quick  :o The oldest ate 2 halves back to back..... It's all he wanted for his birthday  ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3219 on: Oct 27, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Pulled the rest of my peppers yesterday. Already had a good batch of chilis and cayennes dried in the dehydrator. Ground that into some killer shake. Had to wear a respirator. The stuff is scary.

Now there's a mix of hot banana, green cayenne and cowhorn drying. Should make some interesting shake.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3220 on: Oct 27, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Sounds good Bob.
I still have a bunch of cherry peppers left in one bed i was thinking about pickling..
My pickled green tomatoes are the best i have ever done...
Pouring and foggy out there now so its gonna have to wait till later..   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3221 on: Oct 29, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Picked the cherry peppers and hope to pickle them later...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3222 on: Oct 29, 2019, 03:46 PM »
After they're pickled for a while stuff some with anchovies and stash them in the back of the fridge for a week or so. Be sure to add the oil from the anchovies to the jar. Munch them with a piece of Italian bread. They're a flavor explosion.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3223 on: Oct 30, 2019, 05:08 AM »
9 quarts.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3224 on: Oct 30, 2019, 06:39 AM »
 Cherry pepper stuffed with cheese and med -hot sausage? Mmmm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.