FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 152076 times)

Dispy

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« Reply #375 on: Jun 21, 2013, 09:57 AM »
Thanks fellas, it sure was tasty ;D

Took my buddy "Crazy" Joe out trolling this morning. A beautiful day to be on the water with a long time friend. Temps are at 73*F on the top three feet. Mr. Thermocline is setting up nicely and really making it difficult to get on the trout, and so is the boat traffic. Most fish are suspended over 50 feet of water. Last night, the boys and I played around with our new leadcore set up with no luck. However the Dipsy's were on fire and the downrigger was dead :) Lost something very big at 55 feet, fought with drag set as low as possible for 4 minutes but the big shouldered shaker managed to snap our 8# leader :'(

A few pictures of Joe's famous vintage fishing hat, this thing has over 60 years of fishing glitter hanging from it :laugh: And very difficult to hold a poker face when looking at it :laugh: :laugh:

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #376 on: Jun 21, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Those fish tacos look FANTASTIC!!!  Gonna have to make some up over here soon!!!

They look TERRIBLE!! Send them all to me and I will dispose of them for you!!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #377 on: Jun 21, 2013, 01:16 PM »
Yeah, that is some hat!!

sgthoskins

« Reply #378 on: Jun 21, 2013, 01:28 PM »

Dispy

« Reply #379 on: Jun 21, 2013, 07:28 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

After dropping Crazy Joe off to the dock, I spent some time during the 'dead/heat of the day',  to tweak and adjust the (my) learning curve on how to catch these deep water rainbows :) After two hours of mix and matching I went 10 for 10. These were my first 10 rainbows on a spoon and leadcore set up. Although I am still not overly confident, I am willing to perfect the method. After all....I am a die hard stick-bait fisherman when it comes to trolling. Perhaps I am turning a new leaf :laugh: :laugh
[/url]
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
« Reply #380 on: Jun 21, 2013, 07:43 PM »
That's a really nice bow there Tom. Looks like the practice is paying off. Would have liked to see what had broke the leader off on the other 4 minute fight. Your friend Joe looks like a real hoot to be around from the looks of that hat. Love the Old Man Of the Mountain pin. Nice touch.

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #381 on: Jun 21, 2013, 09:58 PM »
 ??? ??? Didn't think that you could catch BIP fish with a spoon?  ;)
10 for 10 in the heat of the day after previously fishing, sounds like a good start!!
That would build my confidence up, especially if I just started using leads on BIP.
I know there is a spoon in there somewhere, but looks like you have been thinking a little outside of the box?  ;)

Dispy

« Reply #382 on: Jun 22, 2013, 07:58 AM »
??? ??? Didn't think that you could catch BIP fish with a spoon?  ;)
10 for 10 in the heat of the day after previously fishing, sounds like a good start!!
That would build my confidence up, especially if I just started using leads on BIP.
I know there is a spoon in there somewhere, but looks like you have been thinking a little outside of the box?  ;)
:laugh: Recall that I do use spoons to ice fish. I just never really applied them in the open water, other than vertical jigging in the spring and fall months, but not with your typical Salmon/trout spoons. Our morning outing consisted of trolling stick baits to put Crazy Joe on some fish and give him good time :) He's getting up there in years and at  70 years young, he has never fished or been on BIP even though he lives nearby on Sunset Lake. Objective accomplished :)

You know me Seahunt, the wheels are always turning ;)

Dispy

« Reply #383 on: Jun 23, 2013, 11:50 AM »
Zach and I spent the majority of yesterday setting up their boat without spending a million bucks :laugh: Mounted two rod holders and re-configured their motor well to receive more holders and riggers. On the water at 8 am this morning the temps are at 76*f and the trout could not resist our offerings. Neutral colored lures at 6 colors out and 30' out on the riggers at 30' deep. Bingo!!!

A few from this morning:

PapaAthona

« Reply #384 on: Jun 23, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Nice!!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #385 on: Jun 23, 2013, 09:08 PM »
That's what I'm talking about.  ;)
The lead looks like it's coming in pretty handy with this heat.

Dispy

« Reply #386 on: Jun 23, 2013, 09:16 PM »
That's what I'm talking about.  ;)
The lead looks like it's coming in pretty handy with this heat.
Yup it's catching everything ;) A fella out this morning was scoring big time on the browns. We could not get one but the rainbows were liking us, as well as Pickerel in 50 fow and Crappie at 35' :) Whole new world for us on the lake and certainly no complaints. The riggers are getting us down there and producing. I just need to define what is needed to present those d**n bottom huggers an offering they can't resist :o

Thanks Pat and Dana :)

A few pictures from this evenings troll...Full Moon Rising

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #387 on: Jun 23, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Cool, been some great clear moonlit nights the last couple days...

lavaman

« Reply #388 on: Jun 24, 2013, 04:54 AM »
nice pics of the super moon. great setup with the portable downrigger. i hardly use mine but im glad i got it. i have 2 that fit conviently in a tool box for easy travel. nice work bip gang

Dispy

« Reply #389 on: Jun 25, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Thanks fellas. It was super cloudy for the super moon ;) with a storm coming in from the north, we stuck it out to get pictures of the lightning, but did not want to risk it :o Something about an aluminum boat and 9' foot rods ::)

A few trout caught from this mornings quick 1 hour troll. 4 colors. Water temps at 9 am were at 83*F on the surface:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.