FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 152072 times)

PapaAthona

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« Reply #435 on: Jul 24, 2013, 10:34 AM »
Beauty!! Awesome! ;D

Dispy

« Reply #436 on: Jul 24, 2013, 03:41 PM »
Thanks fellas, always fun to catch fish. Patrick enjoys himself thoroughly when out on the boat. Totally awesome seeing him finally get to enjoy the outdoors in his own special way, especially with his loving brothers :)

Kevin, you are an animal my friend :laugh: :laugh: You certainly are the "traveling fisherman."  I have been silent but still follow your threads. Keep up the great work :)

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #437 on: Jul 24, 2013, 07:06 PM »
You can't beat brotherly love. It is a beautiful thing. way to go boys.

sorelippin

« Reply #438 on: Jul 25, 2013, 07:17 AM »
I've seen the brotherly love between Evander and Rocky  ;D  They pound on each other but wouldn't know what to do without each other.....they are hillarious!  Good to see Patrick out on the boat!

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #439 on: Jul 25, 2013, 10:10 PM »
I've seen the brotherly love between Evander and Rocky  ;D  They pound on each other but wouldn't know what to do without each other.....they are hillarious!  Good to see Patrick out on the boat!

They definitely beat on each other. but push come to shove  I bet they are there for each other. Pretty good kids they are.

sorelippin

« Reply #440 on: Jul 26, 2013, 07:10 AM »
They definitely beat on each other. but push come to shove  I bet they are there for each other. Pretty good kids they are.

No doubt about it  ;D

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #441 on: Jul 26, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Nice to se the WHOLE BIP crew out, Tom.
Great pics as always.
Keep up the good work.

Dispy

« Reply #442 on: Jul 29, 2013, 05:30 AM »
Thanks fellas :) Short 2.48 min clip of "The Cocker." BIP Gang trolling at low speeds with a 80 HP Merc, 8 colors out and no shortage of feel in this medium action 9' Okuma Classic Pro GLT rod, especially when catching 5+ pound fish. PK's strike again. Enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xv3W8aVNzQ&feature=youtu.be
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #443 on: Jul 29, 2013, 11:26 AM »
 :clapping: Great video!
Very nice bend, (tight to the boat) on that "heavy"  ;) rod.
Excellent net job by Zach.
Congrats.
Was that your favorite gold, red head PK?

Dispy

« Reply #444 on: Jul 31, 2013, 08:30 AM »
:clapping: Great video!
Very nice bend, (tight to the boat) on that "heavy"  ;) rod.
Excellent net job by Zach.
Congrats.
Was that your favorite gold, red head PK?
Thanks Seahunt :)  Yes a gold PK Lure 1/2 ounce :thumbup_smilie:

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #445 on: Jul 31, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Thanks fellas :) Short 2.48 min clip of "The Cocker." BIP Gang trolling at low speeds with a 80 HP Merc, 8 colors out and no shortage of feel in this medium action 9' Okuma Classic Pro GLT rod, especially when catching 5+ pound fish. PK's strike again. Enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xv3W8aVNzQ&feature=youtu.be
Tom
    Nice fish! Now I Know what the PK stands for  " Pickerel Killer"  LOL   Nice fish though,
GH

Dispy

« Reply #446 on: Jul 31, 2013, 02:33 PM »
Tom
    Nice fish! Now I Know what the PK stands for  " Pickerel Killer"  LOL   Nice fish though,
GH
Really now :laugh: :laugh: Cause they seem to catch trout, lakers and salmon too. Give the boys a text, we are heading to the place I sent you a map of ;) for 3 days :)

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #447 on: Jul 31, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Really now :laugh: :laugh: Cause they seem to catch trout, lakers and salmon too. Give the boys a text, we are heading to the place I sent you a map of ;) for 3 days :)
nice!!!!  good luck send back pictures. have hit that place yet but thinking about it. that or Sebago ,not sure yet.

Dispy

« Reply #448 on: Aug 02, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Ossipee Lake Wednesday:
Arrived too late to launch the boat but got our tent site set up in proper order for a marathon day of fishing. Wabanaki Campgrounds :)

Thursday:
4:00 am came quick and it was off to the races. Very foggy departure as we headed for the main lake. It has been 7 years since I had wet a line on  the big " Toon Capital", the patterns were still the same. Water temps were at a cool 75*F, unlike our home lake 82-87*F temps. Lavaman was already on his troll as we met up near the Pine River for a quick morning  "hello" then we departed for separate waters. We marked many schools of baitfish and saw them bustin' up all over the place, tons of white perch. Top Guns, PK Lures, BB Guns, 61 Guns and Speedy-shiners all produced fish. 2 Salmon on the DR's and 2 Salmon on the LC's. 40' over 60' plus was the magical depth for what is normally a slow trolling lake. Zach's largest salmon (quickly released) was measured at 23". The other three were between 18" and 20". A few shorts were also caught.  All healthy and purging smelt.

11:30-12:30:
Was our dinner bell as brunch was cooked up on the fire. We all laughed as I prepared the "hunter's breakfast" thinking of Seahunt's "red flannel hash" sausage gravy(milkshake ;) ) taped lure :laugh: :laugh: Great laughs, thanks Richard :)

1 PM-9PM:
We stopped for a few daredevil Bearcamp rope swing and tree platform jumps. Too funny as these were the same trees that I jumped from many moons ago in my youth. The boys incidentally met up with some of their football team-mates and enjoyed themselves trying to "out best" each other for the "king of the rope swings title." Back on the water the skies darkened. Watching with an eye towards the rolling clouds Zach managed a heavy 4.2 pounder slime dart in our 40' over 60' troll. We moved to the North East end picking up a few "Whitey Bulgers" and 3 more short Salmon. The winds started to pick up around 6 PM and  we could see heavy rains off in the distance. Intuition and common sense told us it was time to pick up and head for the launch, load up and get ready for Friday's Winnipesaukee adventure.

After turning the corner of Spindle Point into Broadbay, the rain had passed, we beat the storm and decided to troll two LC's off the side rod holders and set the DR on our final leg to the landing.  With 4 & 5 colors out, the DR at 35 feet,  all three fired within minutes of each other. Zach landed a heavy 2013 State record contender Crappie. Josh lost a rather impressive Smallmouth at the net, estimated at 4+ pounds (DR).Then proceeded to loose an estimated 5+ pound Laker at the net, once again. The whole lake could hear the banter going back and forth between all three of us as we continued to fish until nighfall.. Poor Josh, lost his MOJO :( but shook the curse today as Lavaman picked up where he left off.

It is late, so I'll continue with today's Winni trip tomorrow, and post up a few pics of Ossipee's adventure.

deerme

« Reply #449 on: Aug 03, 2013, 09:01 AM »
good stuff tom!  lots of action on that slow lake.  any size to the 23" salmon or was it a skinny-winni salmon lol

of all the big lakes i've been on (winni, newfound, squam, winnisquam, 1st, etc), ossipee has the best scenery IMO. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.