FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 152073 times)

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
Re: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« Reply #450 on: Aug 03, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Great report Tom. Good luck on the rest of your trip guys. Hope it's just as successful for you all.

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

JoeGG

« Reply #451 on: Aug 03, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Good morning on the Main Lake. 4 salmon 17-19 inches. One fat bow that was only 14 inches and a 2.5 lb brown. All on 4 colors of lead. Nada on the rigger.

Dispy

« Reply #452 on: Aug 03, 2013, 05:20 PM »
good stuff tom!  lots of action on that slow lake.  any size to the 23" salmon or was it a skinny-winni salmon lol

of all the big lakes i've been on (winni, newfound, squam, winnisquam, 1st, etc), ossipee has the best scenery IMO. 
Nope this was not even close to a Winni Salmon. Nice colorations and a full belly. Very healthy fish.
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #453 on: Aug 03, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Good morning on the Main Lake. 4 salmon 17-19 inches. One fat bow that was only 14 inches and a 2.5 lb brown. All on 4 colors of lead. Nada on the rigger.
Nice Joe :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #454 on: Aug 03, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Part Two: Ossipee/Lake Winnipesaukee:

The baby Ben went off at 3 AM and it was down pouring, so I texted Lavaman to let him know that we were undecided upon staying on Ossipee or heading out to Winni and fell back to sleep. At 4:30 AM the rains were gone, breakfast was on as the boys packed up for our departure. 6:30 AM it was off the Winni, when a call came in and it was Lavaman asking if we had room for him to fish the W with us. Of course :)  So upon our arrival to the launch we organized and set up for what we hoped would become a productive day and waited for  our guest to arrive. Other than ice-fishing and one early trip this year with Seahunt, it had been 8 years since I ran the lake.

Lavaman made incredible time and arrived somewhere around 8 AM. It's no wonder he puts on a million miles a year. I'd bet he could get from Ossipee to the Cape in 3 hours flat :laugh:

Well, old haunts never die ;) Within five minutes of setting out our lines Zach hooked onto a small "Whitey Bulger." Then he  slammed a nice 23" Laker on the DR( 45'), which was kept for the grill. Lavaman's rod fired next with a swing and a miss :(  Josh was up next and landed a small laker on the LC's out 7 colors. Lavaman fired again and came up with an eyeball :o  The action was steady for a few hours and then the bite shut down, so a move was planned and executed.

Water temps were at 75*F and the Broads looked very inviting. A few areas looked appealing and proved successful. Lavaman's line got hammered and after a brief fight, it was gone. Next up, Josh with a short Laker, a smallmouth, another lost mystery fish and a decent Rainbow for the grill. The bite shut off again as the winds began to pick up, we sought refuge on the lee side of the islands. Picking up a few more smallmouth, a Whitey Bulger and another short laker. On the last line to pull in, Zach landed another decent Laker.

5:00 PM it was back to the launch and head home. A great week of fishing for the boys. Sorry Lavaman, I had no idea it was your B-Day until we were half way home. Happy Birthday Bud :) :)

After another great adventure, the boys and I sat through the State Archery Course, a long day for sure. Although I did not need the course, I led by example and participated, all three passed with flying colors. Watchout deer the Gang is coming :laugh:

A few more pictures:

AquaAssassin

« Reply #455 on: Aug 03, 2013, 06:46 PM »
Nice work men!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

FishEnticer

« Reply #456 on: Aug 03, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Great job Guys.  Taking the boat and wife to winni tomorrow fishing till around noon.  Hope I do half as good. 

There’s just one thing that’s buggin me....I’ve added and subtracted till  I can’t see…With all the equipment that I have found....A fish cost me $50.00 a pound.

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
« Reply #457 on: Aug 03, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Great report and nice job guys! Glad you hit them hard today!

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #458 on: Aug 03, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Congrats to Lavaman & the BIP crew.
Sounds like a very fishy couple days!  :) An eclectic bunch of fish gathered up from both lakes.
Wish I'd known you were going to fish Winni.
Was out Mon & Tues & would have shared some recent intel.  ;)

lavaman

« Reply #459 on: Aug 05, 2013, 05:16 AM »
tom It was nice to see some familiar faces that early in the am on ossipee. fishing solo most of the week on a family vacation has it's ups and downs. you guys were hitting the bite good. my luck was not so great at trolling this time. I had 1 hit and a miss in the am and didn't get out on the hot bite cuz I was getting ice cream with the family.
arranged to meet Tom and the boys on there boat in winni on fri. I figured maybe I could switch it up and get on the good luck boat. right away my rods started firing but could not come up with a fish. after 4 misses it appeared I was going to win the loser award that day with only a laker eyeball to show. tom thanks again for waiting up for me to fish with a bunch of the professionals. I learned a lot even though I didn't catch a lot. here are some of my vacation pics and Tom thanks for a great bday trip I will never forget. guess I forgot to tell you. lol

it's actually this wed the 7th.

JoeGG

« Reply #460 on: Aug 05, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Whose pontoon boat?

lavaman

« Reply #461 on: Aug 05, 2013, 09:37 AM »
hey wats up joeGG.
that is my pontoon boat you seen out there on ossipee. I was hoping to hook up with you to learn a few other tricks. my toon is not set up with a downrigger so most of my trolling was with lead line on 2 rods. apparently I was not putting out enough colors or I had bad luck. I followed your instructions to a T but was only able to come up with 1 hit that I immediately dropped in 2 mornings of fishing.

Dispy

« Reply #462 on: Aug 05, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Nice work men!
Thanks Franky, it is nice to apply our skills( the boys skillz that is) and show that we can catch multi species outside of our home lake ;D

Dispy

« Reply #463 on: Aug 05, 2013, 09:54 AM »
Great job Guys.  Taking the boat and wife to winni tomorrow fishing till around noon.  Hope I do half as good.  

Have not seen any recent posts John, hope you had great luck out there yesterday. Look forward to hearing about it. :)

Dispy

« Reply #464 on: Aug 05, 2013, 09:56 AM »
Great report and nice job guys! Glad you hit them hard today!

Pat
Thanks Pat. Did you place your order yet? If not let me know
I can better the prices for you, as we are now the sales contact for NE :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.