FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Is Lock 8 below or above fishable yet???? or Lock 7/ Vischer Ferry area ???  (Read 2626 times)

Captain1978

Just wondering if anyone knows of a fishable stretch along the Mohawk river. I took a ride to Lock 7 last weekend and it was ripping over the falls and high. I  am hoping to get my son  out tomorrow night but am unable to check the river tonight. The river cam shows it flowing but it doesn't look too bad. But I know that varies from spot to spot.
El Capitano

myemmy

James up tight from scotia bridge up to lock eight, up from nine to  ten ice along shore, used to fish at nine but right now flood work still happening as of March 30, luck maybe ter next week , hope!

SSmokinn SS

The river is not fishable yet. Big ice chunks everywhere. Only certain spots are open. Give it a little while yet. You arent missing anything while the rest of the ice thaws.

KillerBee42

Captain...plenty of fishable water from the power plant down around the corner by the ledges...its been open all winter to where the power lines cross.
Da Slab Ossassin

tree-on

Captain, River cam? is it public? I decided to dock the boat at one of the marina's on the Mohawk this year and would love a way to watch the level.   

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Tree-on, look up Mohawk River Level. You will find charts and graphs that show info on water levels and flow....h2l

Captain1978

Captain...plenty of fishable water from the power plant down around the corner by the ledges...its been open all winter to where the power lines cross.

Yes I know of that water there. Thank you  It is ripping pretty good. I took a drive to a few locations last night.  I am going to try  a spot at my buddies house on the river. It's a hike in but it has produced before when the river is high and ripping. Thanks again for the recommendation.
El Capitano

Captain1978

Hit the river. The spot we were in the water was low. After hiking through the woods, over ice chunks and through some thick mud..... Had a few bites. My son got the only fish. It was great just to be out and throwing some lures.... Nice  Spring night.

El Capitano

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
DANG  :o That is a monster fall fish!!   :thumbup_smilie: I bet that one fought like heck.  :w00t:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Captain1978

DANG  :o That is a monster fall fish!!   :thumbup_smilie: I bet that one fought like heck.  :w00t:

It hit on a Shadow Rap right in front of him. Splashed him in the face with some cold water. His pole was bent over as he was backing up ....Water is a little cold he said...LOL...
El Capitano

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Lol that's awesome!
Nice job findin em

sn

I'm sure he didn't tell anyone that he out fished everyone!!! LOL

It's all about the kids!!! Great job!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.