FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: the great sacandaga is alive  (Read 2275 times)

big worm

the great sacandaga is alive
« on: Jul 24, 2010, 08:53 PM »
my dad and i fished tonite starting at 7:30 and got rained out at 8:30. caught 4 smallies and missed 5 on live bait with bobber from trying to cast a rubber worm at the same time, guess we should have chose one or the other, and also missed 2 on the rubber worm.  just went out and got some crawlers to troll for some eyes tomorrow morning ;D
[img][/img]

big worm

Re: the great sacandaga is alive
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:10 AM »
got a few, missed a few. kept 2 perch, 1 white perch, 3 eyes.
[img][/img]

UPSTATE

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:29 AM »
 Nice batch of eyes . Are they still in 40 fow ??  :tipup:
just tryin to get her done

big worm

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2010, 01:57 PM »
trolling in about 15'.  i think that is more eyes than we caught all year through the ice. 

Fishinkidd

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Yep...Walleyes are hitting if you can findem...we caught 12 Walleyes ( 6 short ) and 4 Perch the other morning ( 3 hours ) One Perch was 14" !  I haven;t caught a perch that Big in Lake George through the Ice in a couple of years.  My dad goes out most mornings, I know he has over 100 keepers already this year. Gotta know the spots, but it is ALIVE !  ;D   It never seems to be alive for me through the ice though.  :P
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

big worm

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Yep...Walleyes are hitting if you can findem...we caught 12 Walleyes ( 6 short ) and 4 Perch the other morning ( 3 hours ) One Perch was 14" !  I haven;t caught a perch that Big in Lake George through the Ice in a couple of years.  My dad goes out most mornings, I know he has over 100 keepers already this year. Gotta know the spots, but it is ALIVE !  ;D   It never seems to be alive for me through the ice though.  :P
are you the one that keeps ur boat by the bridge?  if so did you get out for any carp this yr?

wellsley

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2010, 07:01 PM »
I got two eyes and a smallie. It was a beautiful day on the water.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

Rev. N.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Caught three waldos last weekend while smalie fishing. Have 12 smallies in the freezer from the past week. Nothing kept smaller than 14 inches, most 15 to 17 inches. Biggest was 17.75 inches. A few are REAL fatties. Lost count of total caught, over 30. Only bad day in three seasons of fishing was last Sunday. Not a bite. Other than that one day, we hammer the smallies EVERY time out. REAL STORY! Trolling rapalas and spinners. Anything ORANGE! No kidding. I am surprised they bite on orange. HEAVY line (30 lb.) due to lots of weeds, sunken logs and rock piles (standard fare for the Sac. Res.). Still looking for those tagged fish.......

rondog

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2010, 05:53 AM »
Caught three waldos last weekend while smalie fishing. Have 12 smallies in the freezer from the past week. Nothing kept smaller than 14 inches, most 15 to 17 inches. Biggest was 17.75 inches. A few are REAL fatties. Lost count of total caught, over 30. Only bad day in three seasons of fishing was last Sunday. Not a bite. Other than that one day, we hammer the smallies EVERY time out. REAL STORY! Trolling rapalas and spinners. Anything ORANGE! No kidding. I am surprised they bite on orange. HEAVY line (30 lb.) due to lots of weeds, sunken logs and rock piles (standard fare for the Sac. Res.). Still looking for those tagged fish.......

I caught a tagged 17" Walleye a few weeks ago fishing off Sinclair ,it was a yellow back tag with the #660 or 099

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:18 AM »
I was not aware on a walleye tagging program in Sacandaga....I know that years ago the DEC tagged them with metal tags in lip, but I have not seen one of them in many years....at the present time there is a tagging program ongoing with trout but it is run by GSLFF and local businesses, I believe...as my wife tells me daily "I could be wrong".....hunts2long

ADK Tank

« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:32 AM »
They did tag a few walleye for the walleye challenge this past winter as a bonus money fish, could be one of those.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.