FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake michigan  (Read 32908 times)

RoeBoat

Re: Lake michigan
« Reply #105 on: Jul 23, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Just can't seem to make it up there.  Much of a chance the perch will go Saturday with all this north wind?  Still looking for my first trip up there.

Spooled85

« Reply #106 on: Jul 23, 2019, 07:13 PM »
In my opinion I wouldn't bother . Three and a half days of north winds . We will need more then two days or southern winds to bring them back in shallow. I'm sure the perch will be there Saturday but they're going to be scattered and I would say 40 + feet. Hopefully we don't get anymore big blows from Thursday on and by mid next week to next weekend they will be back where they was this past weekend

RoeBoat

« Reply #107 on: Jul 23, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice!  I thought that would most likely be the case.  I'd like to catch a few on my first trip ever and I don't want to have a bad taste in my mouth after almost 6 hours of round trip driving.

Spooled85

« Reply #108 on: Jul 23, 2019, 08:27 PM »
I hear ya , that's a drive ! I'd say if weather is perfect from Thursday till Sunday guys may be able to get a few . If I hear anything promising from any of my charter buddies I'll keep ya posted . It's a blast when they are on fire !!

RoeBoat

« Reply #109 on: Jul 23, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Jig_Head

« Reply #110 on: Jul 24, 2019, 01:51 AM »
It's not just the waves that you have to watch out for the bigger boats and their wakes too ! The big pleasure boaters do not care if your anchored and how small you are
Or if you're in a kayak...

taxid

« Reply #111 on: Jul 24, 2019, 07:48 AM »
It's not just the waves that you have to watch out for the bigger boats and their wakes too ! The big pleasure boaters do not care if your anchored and how small you are . I've seen boats rolled over by big boats that didn't pay attention . An or had the common sense to put the nose of the boat at a 45 to the wake coming at them. If you go just use common sense and watch for others because they don't always watch for you

Don't even get me started on inconsiderable *holes out there. I stay off of a nearby Wawasee for that reason. It just raises my blood pressure.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Spooled85

« Reply #112 on: Jul 24, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Yep gotta love when there is 50 + boats anchored or drifting and some snow flake comes hauling butt threw everyone or the jet skeirs !

taxid

« Reply #113 on: Jul 24, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Yep gotta love when there is 50 + boats anchored or drifting and some snow flake comes hauling butt threw everyone or the jet skeirs !

Oh heck I've had them so close they ran over my lines. And had people purposely strafe me because they don't want me anchored where I'm at.  The 200 foot rule for distance from shoreline  for skiers gets totally ignored.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Spooled85

« Reply #114 on: Jul 24, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Oh heck I've had them so close they ran over my lines. And had people purposely strafe me because they don't want me anchored where I'm at.  The 200 foot rule for distance from shoreline  for skiers gets totally ignored.

Rite !!

tater140

« Reply #115 on: Jul 24, 2019, 11:20 AM »
My dads uncle took a guy off of his skies with a cane pole once out on the mississinewa.  I guess this guy kept buzzing them while they were anchored up fishing for crappie.  Uncle Lester finally had enough and drilled him with a cane pole the next time he came past. This was back in the day before all the pc crap nowadays.  He saw a problem and fixed it. 

RoeBoat

« Reply #116 on: Jul 24, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Ah  the good old days!  You can't get away with correcting things like that nowadays.

Spooled85

« Reply #117 on: Jul 24, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Lmao that's awsome , and no you can't . Hell defending yourself will get you thrown in jail now a days . But I'll take my chances 😉

abishop

« Reply #118 on: Jul 24, 2019, 02:21 PM »
The lake laid down today. I am praying that by Saturday all is well.

icecleate

« Reply #119 on: Jul 24, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Ah  the good old days!  You can't get away with correcting things like that nowadays.

Fished with a guy who spoiled 100# test on a pole with a big bobber. If boats and skiers buzzed to close to us he would cast far enough out so the boat would run over his line and rap up in the prop. Boat dead in the water and we would move to our next spot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.