FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bear Company  (Read 3220 times)

akdg

Bear Company
« on: Apr 08, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Here's a few pics from a stream we like to salmon fish on.  When we are taking these pics you are only about 20 feet away from the bears.  They leave you alone for the most part but every once in a while one will try and steal your fish if you are keeping any.  We just usually c+r.

For an idea of how close we are to them, they are just to the right of this pic, the bottom of the falls is just out of the pic. About 40-50 feet from were we are fishing in this pool.

Hood

Re: Bear Company
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Thats really cool AK!!! Are you back in alaska or is that around here?  Great Photos!!  ;D
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2006, 10:46 PM »
those are some great pictures. WOW really cool to see stuff like that.  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

akdg

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2006, 07:38 AM »
Thats really cool AK!!! Are you back in alaska or is that around here?  Great Photos!!  ;D

That is in AK, and I'm still here for a little bit longer.

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2006, 07:47 AM »
nice pics n those bears keep you on your toes
OR      [IMG]

Deposit

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Wow! One eye on the fish and the other on your company :-\

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Neat pictures akdg, man those guys are close to you. :o
A person really has to watch those black bears, they can be quite unpredictable, but very neat to see. :)
LOL, you would not want to get too much fish smell on you with them around. :D

WW

PerchandPans

« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2006, 10:33 AM »
A person really has to watch those black bears, they can be quite unpredictable, but very neat to see. :)

WW
definately use caution around black bears  some friends were returning from a horse show @ Lake Placid and stopped at a McDonalds in Old Forge there was a guy in the restroom with his pants nearly torn off and washing blood off from him ,note to self ,dont tie a stringer of trout  to your belt loop!!!!   We have a large population of Black bears here but they hunt them with Hounds so they usally will run if they smell you ,if you happen to encounter one, but you can never be to safe around wid animals.  Great pics !

akdg

« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:53 PM »

WW

You do need to have a healthy respect for them, and I usually carry a 44mag just in case (the wife won't go if I don't)  but I have never had to use it.  If the kids are with me, I just keep an eye on things and help land fish.   A lot of common sense goes a long way.  The amount of easy food for the bears at this spot keeps them pretty friendly.  One time one of the bears lost his footing in the falls and came shooting into the pool like he was at a waterpark  :w00t:  he went bobbing by about 10 feet away in the current, got to the edge of the pool, got out shook off and climbed back up to try and get his spot back in the falls :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.