MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Fly Fishing

Leaders....What Do You Use...

(1/3) > >>

flynuts2004:
Today's Leaders there are so many, from Mono to Fluorocarbon. I use Dai-Riki Tapered Leaders. Is there something better on the market that I need to look for.

Cider:
You're right, there are a lot of choices out there.  I have always done well with Orvis Super Strong knotless tapered leaders.  They are mono and I use 9' minimum length mostly in 4X, 5X, and 6X.  I will tie on smaller tippet material (Orvis) as needed depending upon the water and what fish I am after.  These are what our local fly shop carries.

I have also had luck with Cortland Fairplay, Climax, and Scientific Anglers leaders.  Cabela's brand leaders aren't bad either.  I have used those a couple of times.

I have never tried using fluorocarbon leaders but might this year.

flynuts2004:
Cider - Thanks, I have not tried the Orvis Leaders, on my next trip to the Fly Shop I will pick some up. I hope someone will post there findings of the Fluorocarbon Leaders.... As this item is new to us in the last couple of years.

Cider:

--- Quote from: flynuts2004 on Mar 13, 2004, 05:26 PM ---I hope someone will post there findings of the Fluorocarbon Leaders.... As this item is new to us in the last couple of years.

--- End quote ---

Me too!  Anyone have experience with these leaders??

seaweed01:
I use Climax leaders and put on fluorocarbon  tippets.
This has worked good for me. Thats the only experience I have with F/C products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version