FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Young Bob  (Read 1236 times)

Mac Attack

Young Bob
« on: Sep 14, 2022, 12:10 AM »
In the early years of his career.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Young Bob
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2022, 02:31 AM »
“Old Bob” got a lot smarter.

I do miss flying the big booms. The 135’ was a hoot. Nobody bothers you up there. Most were scared to death of it.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2022, 04:20 AM »
When your boom isn't big enough.

Johnnh

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2022, 04:22 AM »
Reminds me of when i was a young lineman. I will always remember the great experiences we had.
Note: Bob, glad you had good balance on that ladder in the back of a pickup -- YIKES

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2022, 04:36 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2022, 11:26 AM »
For the record, I never stood on top of a 16’ ladder in a pickup truck to change a lamp.

And….I absolutely refused to use an extension ladder for any reason whatsoever…much less stuck inside the bucket of my truck.

Yeah John, sometimes I miss my bucket truck. Not very often though.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2022, 03:05 PM »
Lol that's funny bob..sh"" I did my wife cringed lol all in a day's work I'll try to find photo of 40' exstenable ladder I'm on top of hanging a road sign on rt 86;I was out of my mind now I think of it

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2022, 05:24 PM »
Sometimes you just gotta get the job done!   ;D

In my ANG fighter wing they drilled safety safety safety loading munitions, but privately a few combat veterans told us some of that goes out the window during wartime when you're pushed to the limit with time constraints. And it definitely got people hurt or killed and damaged equipment.

My dad that was I&R for a phone company for 21 years after retiring from the military said one day he just stepped off a pole and luckily didn't get hurt. I think he had some kind of restraint  or belt, but don't know enough about it. I asked him what he was thinking. He said, "I wasn't."
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.