FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tried a Couple Different Spots Today  (Read 719 times)

bogtrotter

Tried a Couple Different Spots Today
« on: Aug 29, 2020, 05:44 PM »
This past week, I got skunked on the South Hoosic in Adams (my first total skunking on that stream in quite some time), so, to make up for it, I went out twice today.

First up - - Early in the afternoon, my younger son and I fished one of the setback ponds along the Bike Trail (which parallels the South Hoosic) in Cheshire, and caught about what we expected. 

I landed one dink (5") bullhead and a bunch of sunfish, while my son reeled in two good-sized (about 10") plus one dink bullhead.

All the while, we also chatted with an older fishing acquaintance of mine (who was taking a walk) and a Cheshire PD officer (keeping an eye on some construction equipment further down the trail).

Later in the afternoon, I drove to the Natural Marble Bridge State Park in North Adams, and fished first Hudson Brook and then the North Hoosic for about an hour and a half.

It was mostly cloudy (although it cleared up toward the end) and in the mid-70's.

I started at the lower end of the chasm on Hudson Brook at the NMBSP, and then fished the North Branch from where it meets the Brook to the lower end of the Beaver Mill parking lot.   

The water levels were up some, but not as much as I'd expected given all the rain we've had the past few days.

I ended up with one (12") brown on Hudson Brook and four rainbows (about the same size) on the North Branch.

When I came home, I managed to sneak in a cook out over my fire pit before the thunderstorms we're supposed to have this evening. 

The menu featured a strip steak along with a tossed salad (with mostly home-grown/foraged ingredients) and a red cabbage/apple coleslaw as side dishes, chased down with a Shed Brewery Mountain IPA.

Bartman44

Re: Tried a Couple Different Spots Today
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2020, 06:22 PM »
Nice recap. I was in your neck of the woods today, no fishing but stopped by Bright Ideas Brewing for a beer.   

Storm should be in your area now, be safe, I have another line of T-storms headed right at me now.   

Bart

bogtrotter

Re: Tried a Couple Different Spots Today
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Thanks, Bart! 

Bright Ideas makes good beer.  (My office is part of the same complex at Mass MoCA).

The storm is right over me as I type this, although it sounds like it was forecast to be a lot worse (hail and possible tornadoes) out your way.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.