FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sunrise on the water. Sunday fun.  (Read 1497 times)

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Sunrise on the water. Sunday fun.
« on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:57 PM »
Spent Sunday morning on the water for a sunrise service to the Fish Gods. They came through for us. Frank and I had our 2 man limit of Haddock by 12 noon. Although we really had to work for that last one. We weren't leaving without it. Expected winds never picked up and the sea was flat as could be. Great day on the water.

I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

stripernut

Re: Sunrise on the water. Sunday fun.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Yum!

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Good to see you are getting out Jeff.  Good meat for the table. Boat running well? 

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2020, 08:19 AM »
Nice to see the weather and fish cooperated.  I've been timing it wrong the last few times I've tried in the salt.  Last Saturday in LI sound was an adventure to say the least with only a couple of scup to show for it before the wind blew us out of there.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2020, 01:11 PM »
How many shorts did you have to throw back to get your limits?  I was out a couple weeks ago and we must have put back a hundred 16 1/2's to get our couple dozen keepers.  Not to mention a bunch of very nice cod.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2020, 01:34 PM »
Great job Jeff and Frank. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Jschumacher

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2020, 07:26 PM »
How many shorts did you have to throw back to get your limits?  I was out a couple weeks ago and we must have put back a hundred 16 1/2's to get our couple dozen keepers.  Not to mention a bunch of very nice cod.
Yup same here several shorts went back but between the 2 of us I think the keeper ratio was higher. Most fish were 18.5" to 21".
Also had to release some nice Cod. Several Sculpins too.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Jschumacher

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Good to see you are getting out Jeff.  Good meat for the table. Boat running well?
Boats running good Jon. Haven't been out in mine to much. Had a truck issue. Actually had to cut out a rotted crossmember that broke
in half and weld in a new one. While I had it up on the lift noticed a couple other crossmembers not looking so great. Not towing with it much.
Looking for a new truck 2017 or newer. I was on Franks boat Sunday.

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:52 AM »
I can relate to the truck issues.  I sunk my 09 tahoe at a boat launch.  Bought a 08 ltz that had 180k now the trans lines leak.  Kept that and bought a 2019 tahoe rst that is going to callaway on the 21st to become a sc560.  Needless to say if you need someone to pull the boat...let me know.  560hp should get it moving down the road nicely.

westernmas

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2020, 08:32 AM »
I can relate to the truck issues.  I sunk my 09 tahoe at a boat launch.  Bought a 08 ltz that had 180k now the trans lines leak.  Kept that and bought a 2019 tahoe rst that is going to callaway on the 21st to become a sc560.  Needless to say if you need someone to pull the boat...let me know.  560hp should get it moving down the road nicely.

Doesn't even need the upgrade but sure will be awesome once its done.  The amazing thing is that the gas mileage was on par with my tacoma and half the time I forgot the boat was even back there going to VT.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2020, 12:00 PM »
Nice work Jeff! Good to see you are out on the water and connecting with some table fair.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.