FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick trip to the river  (Read 1215 times)

stripernut

Quick trip to the river
« on: Sep 22, 2020, 09:16 PM »
Made it out last night to the Conn. River, the water was low but stable. Fishing from the bank got a nice walleye on a jig and after dark lots of smallies on topwater. It had been a long weekend moving my mother-in-law back into the house (she will only be leaving in a pine box is my best guess), but I
had to get out but was glad I did.

lowaccord66

Re: Quick trip to the river
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2020, 11:13 AM »
Glad you got out and caught a few.  Sounds like a break was needed.

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Yes, it was... But Monday we head out to CO for my son's wedding and a lot of fishing! That said I am bummed, losing a tire on the boat trailer and a trip to CO... It has kept me away from the Funny Fish.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2020, 12:46 PM »
Ya I hear you and this hurricane offshore is going to accelerate their movements substantially.  I haven't had a chance to get after them either.

I hope you slay in CO!  Are you flying out there? Interested in what that experience will be like as the gf and I are discussing a trip.  Theres a laker lake with giants out there I want to Ice fish.

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2020, 10:38 PM »
We will be flying into Albuquerque NM and driving up to Pagosa Springs. My son and I will be spending a day doing a float on the San Juan River below the Navajo Res, looking forward to that. We are really glad CO and NM have been taken off the quarantine list!

Dirt23

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Ya I hear you and this hurricane offshore is going to accelerate their movements substantially.  I haven't had a chance to get after them either.

I hope you slay in CO!  Are you flying out there? Interested in what that experience will be like as the gf and I are discussing a trip.  Theres a laker lake with giants out there I want to Ice fish.
would that be blue mesa by chance

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2020, 06:11 AM »
San Juan River below the Navajo Res is in New Mexico and Blue Mesa is in Colorado, the Gunnison I think?

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Thats going to be epic.  Pm me the details of that float if you don't mind.  I hope you guys have a safe trip and slay them.

stripernut

« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Happy to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.