FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hunter Harassment Statutes put to use...  (Read 3757 times)

amazinmoose

Hunter Harassment Statutes put to use...
« on: Aug 29, 2005, 03:43 PM »
I was fishing at one of my local ponds yesterday when a couple of Spanish gentleman came along with a sea-do jet ski. they had a little Honda civic, backed right into the water with it and buried the pipe, she was blowing bubbles from the pipe. the pipe that i coulda put my head in. they unload the jet ski and try to pull away, they could not; they were stuck for a min or two, gunned it and get outa the muck. anyways they go full throttle from the boat ramp and start to do dounts 10-15 of them in a row, well constantly looking my way. There were not even 40 yards away from my fishing spot. i coulda hit them with my kastmaster,  they continue to do so, i call Clinton police and a few mins later an officer shows up that iv known since i was a toddler. he flags them over takes there info for the car and the jet ski, tell them they cant be there(ponds not big enough acre wise) and if they come back they will have the car and boat taken away and will be fined to the max. finally something goes my way well being harassed and have the fish scared off. i just want to thank mugz for posting a link{http://www.animal-law.org/huntharass/mass.html } to the laws we have as sportsman. befor they showed up i had a few hits skimming a slug-go across the lillys no hook ups though. tight lines moose

deerhunter

Re: Hunter Harassment Statutes put to use...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2005, 06:02 AM »
ha da go, i don,t have much use for those jet skis anyways. there a nuscence and most of the people that ride em are very inconsiderate of other people.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2006, 07:12 PM »
 A few summers ago I was launching my boat on East Washecum (sp?) I saw a sign posted at the ramp that said, "No Jet Skis allowed." I was in seven heaven! I'd give up my right arm to see signs like that here in Indiana! God I hate those things!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2006, 08:09 PM »
We cant get away from those stupid a$$ things anywhere. If there is a public access to the lake they can use it. I have seen six of them ripping up a tiny 200 acre lake that I was fishing. Minnesota wants equal access for everyone and not to discriminate against one group. I think any Lake under 800 acres should be reserved for less obnoxious passtimes. We have enough water for everyone, there is no reason it has to be like this. >:(

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2006, 12:36 PM »
I had a taxidermy student here from South Dakota, and he told me Jesse Ventura was responsible for that in your state of Minnesota while he was governor. He said the man did some bizzare things while he was in office.

Not sure how Massachusetts does it, but I know of a pond near Lancaster called Spectacle pond, that has a sign at the beach and car top access that says it can only be accessed by Lancaster residents. But yet the state plants it with trout that is obviously funded by all anglers.

This would not fly in my state.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Muskie Matt

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2006, 01:06 PM »
If you're talking about the one located in Lancaster it is open to the public.  If you're talking about upper and lower they too are open to the public.  http://www.spectacle-pond.org/yaknow.htm  Glad you were able to use this law to your advantage.  Eveyone should have the EPO's # on hand to report violations.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2006, 03:42 PM »
If you're talking about the one located in Lancaster it is open to the public.  If you're talking about upper and lower they too are open to the public.  http://www.spectacle-pond.org/yaknow.htm  Glad you were able to use this law to your advantage.  Eveyone should have the EPO's # on hand to report violations.

This is the Spectacle Pond that is just off of Route 2 that is to the north that goes east and west and Rt. 70 is on the west side of the pond that runs north and south.

It's been a few years ago so things may have changed, but the last time I was there the only access site to bring a boat in was at the beach off of route 2 and the sign said "Lancaster residents only." Maybe it was just referring to the beach use?

Last time I was there I filled  two garbage bags of refuse laying on the beach and put them in my vehicle to take back to my campground dumpster. Everything from fast food leftovers to used diapers. For such a beautiful area it was disgusting to see how SOME the locals treated it. Then after I had done that I figured "lancaster residents only" can kiss my butt and launched my little dingy. LOL

I've had a blast catching large bluegills on several occasions on that pond. Back when Ft. Devens was still open I was also able to rent a military boat, clamp on a downrigger and slam some rainbows. Back then I was able to launch the Army boat I rented at the on base campground on a trailer on the southwest corner of Spectacle on a paved ramp. I guess the ramp was on post property as the post bordered that corner.  Apparently that ramp is closed now. Had to have a key to open a padlocked gate off of Rt 70 and drive back in about 1/4 mile to get to that ramp.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2006, 08:40 PM »
I had a taxidermy student here from South Dakota, and he told me Jesse Ventura was responsible for that in your state of Minnesota while he was governor. He said the man did some bizzare things while he was in office.

We all make mistakes ;D

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2006, 12:19 PM »

We all make mistakes ;D

Yeah the voters in Minnesota and a person that has no business being governor.  ;D

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I would put 99% of the blame on we, the voters.

Its not Jessie Ventura's fault he is mentally handicapped!

Would it not be like electing a gorilla Governor, and getting mad when it takes a dump on the lawn?

The blame lies with the people who thought he was more than a jug-head, and voted for him. ;D

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2006, 11:19 AM »

In NY I have the ENCON officers' and the local Sheriff's programmed into my cell phone. Usally the sheriff's deputies will get there alot faster the the ENCON officers.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2006, 01:20 PM »
In NY I have the ENCON officers' and the local Sheriff's programmed into my cell phone. Usally the sheriff's deputies will get there alot faster the the ENCON officers.

Must be nice. In my state of Indiana you can't call the Co's directly and they typically don't even call you back for several days. They ARE IN NO HURRY to get to a violation either. I do know where to get a hold of one of them. He hangs out at a local archery shop all day.  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.