MFF US Northeast > Vermont

Lake Champlain

<< < (2/2)

Fish Farmer:

--- Quote from: bikrsrule on Apr 02, 2021, 07:09 AM ---Dirt23 That is what I was thinking too just wasnt sure I was remembering right, so I should hold off a few more weeks? The water is still a bit chilly.

--- End quote ---

Here's where I look for Lake Champlain weather, there is an interactive map for potential wind direction as well as a few temperature gages. Diamond Island off Otter Creek is a good one to keep an eye on since it is really close to the mouth of Otter Creek.
https://www.weather.gov/btv/recreation

I've generally done better in that area of the lake in May, early to Memorial Day, usually by Memorial Day the salmon are down a few feet.

FWIW my experience on the lake in the spring is a decade old. I usually go out in the winter with a buddy who knows the lake well.

Dirt23:
Looks like Burlington Bay is still 36 degrees I'd hold out a bit I probably won't make a trip till last week of April first of May. 

bikrsrule:
Thanks again for the info Dirt23, I see your from Lyme, any open water in your area? I have been to winnie twice, 1 4lb salmon and a 18" rainbow on thursday in the wind and rain, 1 small salmon and 2 nice rainbows yesterday..

Dirt23:
Post pond opened up Wednesday Connecticut river has been open a couple weeks.  My kicker motor will be back from the doctors this week may try some prespawn walleye on river next weekend

bikrsrule:
back on winnie this morning got 1 19" salmon right after sunrise then nothing..thats fishing..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version