FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING 5/2  (Read 4581 times)

Munson

Re: ONEIDA LAKE ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING 5/2
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2012, 12:14 PM »
She wants to cut Social Security and Medicare. If she says there's not enough money for those, where does she get the money for anything else?
If you do YOUR OWN research and DON'T rely on television, campaign BS and biased internet drivel, you'll find it's much different than you've been led to believe !    I used to listen to the media and believe what I heard.  What an eye opener when you actually take the time to look up the correct information YOURSELF from non biased sources.
  Fear mongering gets votes !    Those same frightened voters have been voting the same way since the 60's and they still don't have any of what they were promised back then.  It's a viscous circle.  Only the few who have the courage to jump off of that circle will ever see the whole picture !    Just remember.  It's not about you and me !    It's about THE WHOLE PICTURE !

tracker 1

« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Your an idiot ... Most unpopular ? Your just a liberal punk that spouts Democratic talking points ....
   :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: It looks like C got exactly what he wanted and that is spouting his political drivel. I hope he is happy.

reeleyz

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Now that the bickering is over with (hopefully), I hope to see some of you at the meeting tomorrow night.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 09:32 PM »
As long as weather permits, my team will have a game tomorrow. So once again, please keep us posted. Thanks ahead of time. I'll be checking the website also.

Munson

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 01:19 AM »
As long as weather permits, my team will have a game tomorrow. So once again, please keep us posted. Thanks ahead of time. I'll be checking the website also.
Don't you have a fishing partner called Coach ?   Let him coach the team while you attend the meeting.   Seems like you'd rather be at the meeting by the sound of it.

reeleyz

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 11:59 AM »
We had a good turn out for the meeting last night. Not many kids though. I know sports takes precedence over all else nowadays.

The adult walleye population is still near 500,000, adult Yellow perch is about 1 million, and there are probably more adult white perch than adult yellow perch. So those numbers are holding steady. The smallmouth population continues to climb.

No sign of Round Gobys in Oneida lake yet but they are on our doorstep.

The hatchery struggled to get the walleyes they needed, due to the crazy weather. They DID get enough to meet their quotas though.

We had a surprise visit from Ann Marie Buerkle (good thing you weren't there C). She basically said that they are still seeking the funding for cormorant hazing, and so on and so forth.....typical political fluff. It was nice that she took the time to come out though.

The DEC confirmed that there will be another volunteer cormorant hazing program this year, more to come on that.

The USDA reiterated the economic impact data that they have regarding how much money the lake pumps into the local economy. The studies that have been done estimate that for every $1 spent on cormorant hazing there was a return of $13+ to the local economy. 13+% sounds like a pretty good (ROI) return on investment to me!!!

There was a nice presentation from Mike Riordan about taking kids fishing and passing the torch on to the next generation.

I am sure I missed something but that is it in a nutshell.

filetandrelease

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 06:52 PM »
well it's nice to see a group of more than 3 that can agree on most matters , i have been fllowing this thread for a while , a season on the birds would be an easier solution from what i see , not counting what i see on the big O ,only worse ,just a senile ol buzzards oppion , and the white perch are taking a bigger hold than people think but i've only fished the little o for a little over 30 years ,and holding bass tourny's is a good draw [ money for the local economy]

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 06:20 AM »
Thanks Bruce on the update! Looks like our lake is holding steady numbers. When I was at the hatchery last week, I did notice the numbers quite a bit lower than expectations, but they still had a nice hatch, with plenty fry to share (walleye).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.