FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smelt under bobber's  (Read 7168 times)

oldschoolben

Re: Smelt under bobber's
« Reply #15 on: Jul 13, 2021, 07:26 PM »
Yep , I use the same method,but not always on the bottom I will adjust the depth,but man you can cast those bobbers a country mike lol

oldschoolben

« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2021, 03:27 PM »
dont rule out the bottom rig for deep summer pike.  the real hoggs roam deep water.  a standard slip sinker rig with a floating bait 20" off bottom can be deadly effective.  especially paired with a chunk of sponge and some "yumm" on it for a scent trail in current.  here we can use live baits so big chubs get the nod.
I agree with that for sure ,never tried the yumm or sponge, but seems deeper can definitely be a great way, I've had slot of luck on a weed edge middle of the water column

oldschoolben

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2021, 03:28 PM »
Good to know about the sponge tho ,thanks for sharing

oldschoolben

« Reply #18 on: Jul 16, 2021, 09:41 AM »
I get the satisfaction of having someone laugh at or look at you like you're an idiot, and catching a big fish in front of them, I used to live in the Bitterroot valley and I fished with big rapalas, and caught several trout over 20 " ,I decided to throw a lipless crank bait and had some fishing guide flick me nuts about  fishing with it, but he sure got his mouth shut when a I caught a brown that was over 24" lol his client sure wasn't happy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.