FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513893 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3270 on: Mar 14, 2020, 11:12 AM »
Sounds like a good plan Bob..
 I have been raising my beds another 10"
Sure is a lot nicer..  Waiting for a chance to get a big trailer of compost.   But than again I still have snow in a lot of places.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3271 on: Mar 14, 2020, 11:32 AM »
I use to have a great asparagus patch but it died off.  Going to make one bed and dedicate it to all asparagus...
 In a couple years I should have plenty.. 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3272 on: Mar 14, 2020, 12:32 PM »
My asparagus patch did well last year. I'm going to add a few more crowns to one end . But, I expect a good harvest from it. I'll have to research getting a load of compost this year. I have some but not enough. I might be able to catch a sale at our store before planting gets under way.

I'm getting anxious and you'll be showing us hothouse tomatoes any time now.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3273 on: Mar 17, 2020, 04:05 PM »
Hundreds of rose bushes to go in pots.. :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3274 on: Mar 17, 2020, 04:39 PM »
That's how they ship them eh? Bare root?.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3275 on: Mar 17, 2020, 05:09 PM »
Yup.... And these pots dont go through the machine.... :-\

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3276 on: Mar 18, 2020, 05:48 AM »
This is going to be a good year to have a garden. Who knows how long the shelves in the stores will be almost bare. I agree on the raised beds. They are a necessity at my daughter's. It can be too wet there but the beds let us plant much sooner than waiting for it to dry along with all the other benefits.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3277 on: Mar 18, 2020, 07:12 AM »
I'm hoping to make some alterations to my beds this weekend. Almost time to get the potatoes in. Gotta cut back the dead asparagus too. I a off yesterday but it was rainy, windy, cold and damp. So I cooked and worked on my fly tying bench a bit. Freshening up my work station some.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #3278 on: Mar 18, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Our raised bed.
Last summer I recovered it again with heavy black plastic to eliminate the weed maintenance.
The stuff I put on 1-2 yrs earlier tore up in the heavy winds.
3 yrs ago we decided we simply couldn't stay ahead of a garden AND go to the lake place too.
Anyway, it's been covered and "cooking" for 2-3 yrs now.
Whoever buys this place in 2 yrs when we sell and move to Florida will get a sweet soil-rich raised bed garden for their veggies and things.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3279 on: Mar 19, 2020, 03:14 AM »
I doubt I'll get at my gardens this weekend. Looks like it's going to be just plain cold. Suits me. I'm remodeling my fly tying room and looking forward to some time on the bench.

Besides, I'm close to making the decision to take a 2-3 week leave from Lowes. My Bride is very high risk and although I'm quite healthy, I cannot chance bringing this virus home. She would not do well.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3280 on: Mar 19, 2020, 05:41 AM »
We have a big shipment of plants coming today and i feel like im planting them for  no good reason.  People won't want to by plants if there broke...... :(
 Stay home and tye flies Bob..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3281 on: Mar 19, 2020, 06:07 AM »
It'll come around Dom. Lowes postponed any shipments of plants as far as I know. Although the store is busier than normal. People Re buying paint like crazy along with gardening supplies and seed.

It's amazing to me to see a millennial mother with 3 little kids in tow coffee in one hand and cell phone in the other in the store looking at tile and blinds. They seem to have no sense of urgency.

I'm going to continue for now and see how it goes.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3282 on: Mar 19, 2020, 02:00 PM »
 Hope so Bob.. :(
Rose bushes and tomatoes..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3283 on: Mar 19, 2020, 03:02 PM »
What variety are the container tomatoes Dom? I'm looking for a determinate variety that works in containers.

Bob

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3284 on: Mar 19, 2020, 04:41 PM »
What variety are the container tomatoes Dom? I'm looking for a determinate variety that works in containers.

Bob

Theres a few different kinds this year.. Patio , Cluster , Cherry and something else...  Can let you know the brand  names tomorrow...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.