FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Isn't Anyone Else Fishing?  (Read 2515 times)

stripernut

Re: Isn't Anyone Else Fishing?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2021, 03:54 PM »
New baby, as of 6/14/21.
Won't be hearing a whole lot from me this season.  Couple days before the little girl came I was lucky to get on some good feeds at block Island on my buddies new 23' sailfish

Happy Fathers Day!

jamer

« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Actually, that's pretty awesome!

I've been trying without success to land a carp at a local spot the last 2-3 years.  They're awfully wary, and the place is so shallow and silty that I haven't been able to figure out how to approach without them spotting me.  When they swim by, they leave a contrail in their wake.

What do you catch when you go for bass - - large mouth (which is all I have in my neck of the woods) or smallies (which I may be making a road trip to target later today)?

As for the meals, mine are about as dull as yours when "open water" fishing.  (It's only ice fishing that features gourmet meals for me).  Just haven't figured out how to tote my "fire bowl" with me while wading local streams.

jamer

« Reply #17 on: Jun 20, 2021, 04:12 PM »
  Try the Deerfield for smallies. Shelbourne and down. Never caught any big ones, but 12 to15 inchers put up a scrap.

bogtrotter

« Reply #18 on: Jun 20, 2021, 08:16 PM »
  Try the Deerfield for smallies. Shelbourne and down. Never caught any big ones, but 12 to15 inchers put up a scrap.

Thanks for the tip!

It's been years since I fished the Deerfield (the releases of water turned me off), and I don't believe I've ever fished it that far down, but from what you describe it's worth another look.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #19 on: Jun 22, 2021, 09:43 AM »
Pretty similar here. Newer baby, work extremely busy, and just staying on the water whenever I get a chance. Just figuring out a balance but popping in whenever possible.
Wicked Wec

Roccus

« Reply #20 on: Jun 27, 2021, 08:51 AM »

This guy is.

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Jun 27, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Haven't made a trip to my ol' stomping grounds in Mass or even New England for that matter for a few years thanks to covid. Might make a trip out your way next year I hope. So nothing to report at this time. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2021, 12:48 PM »
The same area got to stay near the grandkids... Selling should not be a problem, it is the buying that is a pain... Last week we put in an offer on a house we liked, $50,000 over asking, no inspection, we would "clean out" and still did not get it...

Yep, I know the feeling. I put in an offer $40k over asking, no contingencies and it wasn't good enough. The winning buyer was $80k over asking, sight unseen, no financing, no inspections, no contingencies. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.