FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best lure or bait for a very vegetated pond  (Read 12898 times)

slipperybob

Re: Best lure or bait for a very vegetated pond
« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:19 AM »
if you can cast 60 lb mono further than 60 lb braided then your name must be david copperfield  ::)  There's no comparison

You said this and I kind of chuckled to myself and substantiate a scenario that 60 lb mono will cast further than 60 lb braid.  There was no parameters of lure weight involved.  Yeah, casting just the mono line itself will get more distance than braid.  No magic involved.  Try casting a 1/32 ounce lure and the 60lb mono will get more distance.  Try casting a 1 ounce lure and maybe 60# braid will get more distance.  Try casting a 6 oz lure on a 10 foot pole and maybe mono will get more distance.

Besides when it comes down to line comparison, you ought to know better than to compare mfg lb on package label to another mfg lb on their own package label.  Look at Trilene XL compared to Trilene XT.  Of course they have different characteristics, but their line diameter compared to each other of same listed test lb are also different.  So even when comparing 60 lb mono to 60 lb braid, you just gave parameters where the weight of the line is very heavy in comparision.  Even with 12 lb mono is heavier in mass compared to 60 lb braid.  However those two lines have similar diameter.  Besides mfg makes a braid to mono equivalent comparison in reference to diameter.

Furthermore casting distance is governed by order of lure weight, rod length, line, reel, spool weight, then bearings.  Of course the individual skill has a lot to do with it too.  In real world application you also have to deal with the environment like wind direction and speed.    Braid is heavily affected by wind.  Mono vs braid in this scenario, mono will be favored for cast distance.  Until you hit the threshold of where weight is so heavy that line drag is basically not able to make enough of an influence.  With no weight, same rod length, same reel, mono will cast further than braid.

And don't even go to punctuation argument...it just shows you've got even less credibility.  You didn't even capitalized the fist letter of your sentence.  I'm not the one who started to call others fools, when making such a gross negligent argument.  Besides, it's not fair to compare 100 yrds of braid on a reel to about 50 yrds of mono on same reel.  At this point we're probably talking baitcasting reels instead of spinning reels.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

gbrebory

« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2010, 10:46 PM »
how bout we help this guys catch fish in the cabbage filled pond and worry bout casting your nylon rope-like line on another thread who is casting 60lb line n e way..... maybe a musky hunter or something...... i cast 6lb for every fish i go after what in the world would i need 60 for its all in the drag baby run a shimano spirex 2500 wiht a st croix rod  get one and youll never want another setup

fishon22

« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I dont have the Most experience but last my friends private pond has alot of weed beds in it. And the bass KILL the spinnerbaits. good fishing to ya!

troutaddict33

« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2010, 06:11 PM »
You said this and I kind of chuckled to myself and substantiate a scenario that 60 lb mono will cast further than 60 lb braid.  There was no parameters of lure weight involved.  Yeah, casting just the mono line itself will get more distance than braid.  No magic involved.  Try casting a 1/32 ounce lure and the 60lb mono will get more distance.  Try casting a 1 ounce lure and maybe 60# braid will get more distance.  Try casting a 6 oz lure on a 10 foot pole and maybe mono will get more distance.

Besides when it comes down to line comparison, you ought to know better than to compare mfg lb on package label to another mfg lb on their own package label.  Look at Trilene XL compared to Trilene XT.  Of course they have different characteristics, but their line diameter compared to each other of same listed test lb are also different.  So even when comparing 60 lb mono to 60 lb braid, you just gave parameters where the weight of the line is very heavy in comparision.  Even with 12 lb mono is heavier in mass compared to 60 lb braid.  However those two lines have similar diameter.  Besides mfg makes a braid to mono equivalent comparison in reference to diameter.

Furthermore casting distance is governed by order of lure weight, rod length, line, reel, spool weight, then bearings.  Of course the individual skill has a lot to do with it too.  In real world application you also have to deal with the environment like wind direction and speed.    Braid is heavily affected by wind.  Mono vs braid in this scenario, mono will be favored for cast distance.  Until you hit the threshold of where weight is so heavy that line drag is basically not able to make enough of an influence.  With no weight, same rod length, same reel, mono will cast further than braid.

And don't even go to punctuation argument...it just shows you've got even less credibility.  You didn't even capitalized the fist letter of your sentence.  I'm not the one who started to call others fools, when making such a gross negligent argument.  Besides, it's not fair to compare 100 yrds of braid on a reel to about 50 yrds of mono on same reel.  At this point we're probably talking baitcasting reels instead of spinning reels.

Wrong

slipperybob

« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Blocked... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:nono: you flaming me!

:D 

troutaddict33

« Reply #35 on: Mar 14, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Well its obviously useless. Nothing other than one word needed to be said all along... wrooooong. But, good luck fishing. I'll be casting my 50 lb braided 75+yds for stripers like I do every other year and watch the fools on shore with 30 lb mono only casting out 40 feet.

slipperybob

« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2010, 01:05 AM »
Useless... :D

You can't cast braid.  I told you that.  You can cast a lure with braid.  :nono:  

How'd this get thread gone this far?  :o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will bet you could get about 10 to 20 yards further if you put like 20# mono leader of about 15-20 feet onto that 50# braid of yours.

troutaddict33

« Reply #37 on: Mar 15, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Useless... :D

You can't cast braid.  I told you that.  You can cast a lure with braid.  :nono:  

How'd this get thread gone this far?  :o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will bet you could get about 10 to 20 yards further if you put like 20# mono leader of about 15-20 feet onto that 50# braid of yours.

nobody fishing braid without a leader...  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.