The Fisherman's Wharf > Fishing Stories

Bobber of a lifetime

<< < (2/3) > >>

danny b:

--- Quote from: WANNAKETCHUM on Jun 25, 2014, 03:53 PM ---Yes...there are definitely some strange things that happen while fishing. A friend and I were drifting the shoreline of Cayuga lake years ago casting for trout when he hooked and landed a nice brown of about 5 lbs. The odd thing was, the fish apparently took a swipe at his spoon and got "hooked" because the eye (or loop) of a snelled hook was hanging out of it's mouth. Apparently, when the fish missed the lure the loop caught on one hook of the treble on the spoon he was using and he was able to fight and land it!

WK

--- End quote ---
Lol I hooked I to a salmon like that....no idea how I landed it

hunterdeneugene:
I hooked and landed a king salmon last year in the Salmon River and after a decent fight I brought it in and it was hooked on the brass ring right in front of the jaw on the stringer it was hooked to!  I released the salmon to fight another day but I kept the stringer. 

tree-on:

--- Quote from: hunterdeneugene on Aug 25, 2014, 07:20 AM ---I hooked and landed a king salmon last year in the Salmon River and after a decent fight I brought it in and it was hooked on the brass ring right in front of the jaw on the stringer it was hooked to!  I released the salmon to fight another day but I kept the stringer. 

--- End quote ---
Must be more common then I thought, I did the same a few years ago except I hooked the rope part of the stringer.

JohnMcN1:
Very cool story.

merkleyb:
My friend fought a fish for about 5 minutes in a local stream one time. After I stopped fishing to go see what was the commotion, he landed an old pair of tighty whiteys.....I'll never let him live that one down...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version