FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whats going on in Fair Haven?  (Read 8901 times)

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
Re: Whats going on in Fair Haven?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 14, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Randy,

If they were in the park pond today, Phillips Park (by Little Sodus Inn) had to be loaded with them. I'ts almost a sure thing to catch them during the day there when the water is that high and muddy.
Harold

bluegillking

« Reply #16 on: Apr 15, 2004, 08:30 AM »
my wife and i were at the sticks wed 14 th very muddy and no takers. it was our anniversary so we want fishing .14 wonderful years!! ;D

bigdave1018

« Reply #17 on: Apr 15, 2004, 01:24 PM »
4/15 645 am at the stix brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the fishing was a no go. tried till 8 am,no bites!!!!!!!!! went from there to port bay,fished for another hour or so mananged a doz squirters and a sunny. tucked my tail and was home by 9.45 am still had fun .

lumberjohn

« Reply #18 on: Apr 15, 2004, 08:04 PM »
3 lbs Brown off the park pier today casting little Cleo into the lake.

bigdave1018

« Reply #19 on: Apr 16, 2004, 10:04 AM »
fri.4/16 stix at 645 muddy conditions but got bit mostly shiners. i fished real small and slow and did well on the gills. used orange and chartreuse glow ice jigs with 2 spikes, making sure to keep the spikes pinky and stinky. they wouldnt hit dead bait hardly at all. half pencils bobbers to see the gill bites real real light biters. i left at 1015,the bite slowed right down quick. high sun and it put the fish down to. big dave out tight lines.

bigdave1018

« Reply #20 on: Apr 18, 2004, 12:39 AM »
stix report 4/17. wasnt going to fish, never got there till after 10am, only 1 guy there but he was an old buddy so i fished with him for awhile. left round 5 pm, limit of real nice gills lost 1 huge green fish, 3 seeds and a small bass. very few fishers all day but great conversation , hot fishing and decent weather almost all day. seen at least 10 heads caught to nice ones. met bluegillking and he schooled me, nice guy and learned a few tips from the king!!!!!!! all in all awesome day my best this year fishing and weather wise. i used a tiny orange teardrop which ended up white from the fish taking off the paint!!!!!!! two spikes and half pencil boober. big dave out .

reubenpa

« Reply #21 on: Apr 18, 2004, 11:38 AM »
you must fish at fair haven a lot, cause you post here a lot!!! I want to try it some time, but I have limited time right now... I will get up there sometime!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bigdave1018

« Reply #22 on: Apr 18, 2004, 06:17 PM »
april 18 report, never got to the stix till round noon 2 other fishers there. did well till mother nature came to life!!!!!!!!!!! t storms, rain and high winds,lightning to. home by 2 pm bout 20 real nice gills and bout 3 doz goldies. non stop action the whole time i was there. using the same white teardrop [ it was orange for awhile lol ] and spikes. reuben, i live 6 miles from there and im just about guaranteed to catch gills there and heads and a few green fish and its convienient for me cause its no walking. and yes rheumatoid arthiritis sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reubenpa

« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2004, 06:33 PM »
ah that makes sense...  I have heard of green fish but can't remembeer what that is .. is it bass,a nd what are goldies I haven't heard of that at all

Frenzy... I will do that. I am not sure when it will be but I will let you know!! probably won't be for another week or so
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bgill71

« Reply #24 on: Apr 18, 2004, 08:34 PM »
Hey REUBEN PA  I see you live in canadaguia I live right down the road in farmington. did you catch those sunnies in canadaguia. I had a blast with them last year out in the boat in early may maybe we could get after them together sometime let me know.

zuke852000

« Reply #25 on: Apr 19, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Fished the piers today for two hours looking for the browns and didnt get a bite. Saw a few boats trolling around the end of the piers but couldnt see if they were catching anything or not. Trying again early tomorrow morning.
ZUKE

bigdave1018

« Reply #26 on: Apr 19, 2004, 04:55 PM »
4/19 stix alive with gills and a few crappies and lottsa golden shiners. fished from 615 am till 1115, limit of real nice gills ,2 slob crappies and only 1 other guy. i missed you, panfish lover, but hey your loss was my gain!!!!!!!!! some guy hit the heads there last night using chicken livers. he ended up with 30. and to bluegillking, im working real hard to be bluegillking the 2nd lmboao!!!!!!!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #27 on: Apr 20, 2004, 05:07 PM »
didnt fish today 4/20. bait farm netted the stix last night. they netted shiners, heads, crappies, big bass and lottsa gills. tore that area up again but they have a license to net. weather ,cold front and barometer were all wrong for today. gonna fish it hopefully on thurs for awhile. tight lines big dave out. mon am the area was loaded with small minnowswhich will hopefully bring in more green fish.

techyfisher

« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2004, 10:37 AM »
Big Dave, What is a green fish Please.

Thanks.

zuke852000

« Reply #29 on: Apr 21, 2004, 11:56 AM »
A green fish is a crappie
ZUKE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor