FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another minn Kota power drive ?  (Read 1439 times)

CMS

Another minn Kota power drive ?
« on: Jul 09, 2018, 07:40 PM »
According to the tech from minn Kota, my power drive is a 2002 model. It is too old for the I pilot and now the foot control won’t turn left. It will turn right and all other controls work properly.  I have taken it apart and checked for debris and corrosion. The tech said they no longer make a control or circuit board for the older models.  Does anyone know where to get a replacement for a reasonable price? Would it work to buy the foot pedal for the new power drive and splice the wires to the old plug? 

Thanks,

Casey

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Another minn Kota power drive ?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2018, 01:12 PM »
I had the same problem with my original Power Drive and was lucky enough to find a local service center that had a replacement board in stock. It was in Amesbury MA, place called Precision Marine. http://marineforall.com/

This was just last year, maybe he has more of them or you can call random Minn Kota service centers.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2018, 06:24 PM »
You could also search for the power drive co pilot which just attaches to the side of your unit then you can contr it with a remote...may still be hard to find one for v1....not sure if they're interchangable..
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

CMS

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2018, 09:25 PM »
From what I’ve been able to find, anything new is not compatible with the old. I am Leary of buying a used one off of eBay for double of a new style, being you never know how long it will last.  There is a few YouTube videos of guys that have converted foot to hand control.  They do not show how, but they show finished results so it can be done. A hand control would be fine by me so I’m researching the potentiometer and rocker switch with the wiring schematic.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2018, 05:30 PM »
I bought my riptide used of CL for 800.  55lb thrust 60in shaft.  Well worth it.  If you search for a deal on a used one you'll find it.

CMS

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2018, 04:54 PM »
I figured it out.  After a lot of YouTubing and trial n error I have speed control and power in a junction box with potentiometer and I have a lead for a handheld left or right steering with a toggle. It will get me through this season and give me time to save for a terova.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.