FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 520441 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4890 on: Jun 10, 2023, 02:12 PM »
At my age , better safe than sorry is good. I’m happy knowing my home grown food has no added chemicals. Can’t attest for what we have to buy.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4891 on: Jun 10, 2023, 04:13 PM »
I got a late start, still need to weed around the beds

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4892 on: Jun 10, 2023, 06:43 PM »
Looks great ATC…👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

krispcritter

« Reply #4893 on: Jun 11, 2023, 06:22 AM »
Picked half dozen beets yesterday and had beet greens with picked spring onions last night. Tonight, we will have the beets with a little homemade maple syrup in them. I should be able to start eating something from the garden almost every day now. Swiss chard went nuts after the little rain we got Friday.

To make small fortune in business, start with a large one.

piscesman

« Reply #4894 on: Jun 11, 2023, 06:36 PM »
Your gardens look good. Wife and I finally finished separating all AND labeling all the tomatoes. We ended up for ourselves 23 plants with 8 varieties. 30+ plants around 12" are being given away to friends we know. Don't have the room for them all. For some reason the Roma plants I bought have about 30 flowers/fruit on them. Couldn't be happier on that. Green peppers have 20 potential bulbs coming out and the sweet bananas growing well. Thought I was done except for watering and did some research on the herbs and Swiss chard. 20+ SC, 10" plants in a 12" round planter. We have a plastic "dresser" with 4 drawers I brought home that will fit the bill nicely. Drilling holes 2" up from the bottom to provide drainage as not to water rot the roots. Can you transplant garlic this time of the year to put further apart for bigger bulbs?? 2 varieties were lost, and I could uncrowd some garlic in the vacant spot.
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4895 on: Jun 12, 2023, 05:01 AM »
Kim at this point I would just leave them. Or if there that close just pull every other one…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4896 on: Jun 12, 2023, 08:59 AM »
I space mine in about 6” patterns 3 bulbs in a 24” bed, 6” apart. They do just fine.

Had some salt potatoes left from a week ago that started to chit. So I stuck 3 in the trough planter to see what they’d do. Might be interesting.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #4897 on: Jun 12, 2023, 12:05 PM »
Hey Bob - I thought of you when I saw this today.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4898 on: Jun 12, 2023, 12:55 PM »
Oh…..as a product of the 60’s……I couldn’t agree more.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4899 on: Jun 14, 2023, 12:03 PM »
2.27 “ of rain yesterday , .45 so far today. Gardens and the golf course are really happy.

Unfortunately……so is my lawn. Probably be back on the 5 day mowing schedule. At least it’s not burnt to a crisp.my neighbors scalp the dickens out of theirs and they were really burnt. Mine was still a nice green.

fishinator

« Reply #4900 on: Jun 14, 2023, 12:52 PM »
Only .3" here in northwest indiana.  First measurable rain since the 7th of last month. We need A LOT more here. Garden isn't happy. Haven't mowed in 3 weeks. People that have mowed killed their lawns.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4901 on: Jun 14, 2023, 01:35 PM »
Hope you get a break soon. I’m up to .6” now. Could be an inch by tomorrow and more coming on Friday.

Beats the smoke we endured last week.

fishinator

« Reply #4902 on: Jun 14, 2023, 02:36 PM »
Me too. Although I don't miss the mosquitoes (havent been bit yet) or having to mow twice a week.

Pequod1

« Reply #4903 on: Jun 14, 2023, 05:14 PM »
I Finished planting may 15 th this year and sweated out a near miss frost the following week. Lucky for me, I’m fairly close to Lake Ontario and that kept me no colder than 35 deg that one night.
I’m trying something new this year, an arch between two beds. One side I have some Italian cukes and the other side some Italian purple pole beans. Everything looks good except for my parsley. Can’t figure that one out. I might replant
Some.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4904 on: Jun 14, 2023, 05:25 PM »
Nice..👍👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.