MFF US Midwest > Indiana

gill spawn

(1/6) > >>

abishop:
I did notice that the female gills had loose egg sacks yesterday. So, it looks like the spawn is about over till the next full moon.

Spooled85:
I caught around 30 and kept 16 yesterday .all in bout 1.5 ft of water and not one female with eggs

kevs:
 I've been on several lakes both large and small (over 100 acres and under 80 acres) and I am not finding beds or fish (Bluegills/Redears) on beds like I have in years past. I have caught female gills in deeper water off of bedding areas (staging) that were full of eggs the past couple of weeks that by now would've spawned. Some lakes the water levels are up 12" to 14" above normal pool, temps are down 7-10 deg's. I've also noticed some that lakes, especially the larger ones, have been slow in their growth of aquatic vegetation.

northrn-duck-assassin:
I noticed... the spawn was a few weeks ago.

Just saying

taxid:
I've had bluegills spawn up to 4 times a year in my production ponds. I've seen a bluegill hatch in September. This is why they are the best forage in a pond for largemouth bass other than perhaps tilapia that are constantly spawning but in lower numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version