FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: saltwater registration  (Read 2926 times)

troutaddict97

• Life member North American Fishing Club
saltwater registration
« on: Jul 13, 2013, 05:13 PM »
If I registered but don't have a printer if I just bring my registration number around with me is that ok? or do I need the card?
‎"... standing in a cool stream with a mountain range or a meadow nearby, fly rod in hand and cigar in mouth, is the way God meant mankind to live."
-- Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

fishgalore

Re: saltwater registration
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2013, 09:37 PM »
If I registered but don't have a printer if I just bring my registration number around with me is that ok? or do I need the card?

You need to have the card in your possession if asked for it or you can be fined.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/faq.html#q13  scroll down to #13

What is the penalty for individuals or for-hire vessel owner/operators who have registered but are caught fishing without their certificate?

Any person or for-hire vessel owner/operator who fails to produce his/her NJSRRP registration certificate will be subject to a penalty equivalent to that of having not registered. (see #11 and #12).

Go to your local library and print a copy. You could copy & paste it to an email and send it to yourself then access your email at the library and print.

troutaddict97

• Life member North American Fishing Club
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2013, 10:05 PM »
You need to have the card in your possession if asked for it or you can be fined.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/faq.html#q13  scroll down to #13

What is the penalty for individuals or for-hire vessel owner/operators who have registered but are caught fishing without their certificate?

Any person or for-hire vessel owner/operator who fails to produce his/her NJSRRP registration certificate will be subject to a penalty equivalent to that of having not registered. (see #11 and #12).

Go to your local library and print a copy. You could copy & paste it to an email and send it to yourself then access your email at the library and print.
ok, thanks. I am staying in Stone Harbor on vacation with the family until the 20th and wanted to try to wet a line if I got the time
‎"... standing in a cool stream with a mountain range or a meadow nearby, fly rod in hand and cigar in mouth, is the way God meant mankind to live."
-- Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

ratso

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2013, 08:52 AM »
try an internet cafe at Starbucks or someplace, check a local hotel, they usually provide a printer.

dmntd169

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2013, 01:23 PM »
I've still yet to meet anyone who ever got ticketed for not having it...I only know about a half dozen guys who have ever been checked without it and they were all just given a verbal warning that they need to get it

I've registered with both NJ and the federal registry since the beginning and have never even been checked  ???

If I didn't have a printer available I'd just take a pic of it on my phone. As long as you can clearly read it I couldn't picture an officer hassling you over it
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.