FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good People  (Read 2999 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Good People
« on: Aug 17, 2023, 11:44 AM »
My son and his wife have had several pets. All rescue dogs that no one else would take. Think I posted about this somewhere on here before. Their last 3 pets all passed within 3 months. It was some time, but they found another.

Bruiser, the toothless Chihuahua.

He’s mad a remarkable recovery from his skin and bones condition when they took him. A credit to their care for him.
 He’s happiest outside in their gardens and grass.

A picture of contentment!
He’ll live out his life in comfort, with care and love. Hope I’m as lucky.
Makes me proud to have them be so caring.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Good People
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2023, 04:02 PM »
That’s cool Bob. Good for them….👍👍✌️✌️
 I’m not ready for another one after putting the last 3 to rest but Mindy sure is…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2023, 04:03 PM »
That's awesome .  He's a lucky pup.

62 & Done

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2023, 04:17 PM »
My last one absolutely broke our hearts. She was the closest thing to a child that we ever had. Some nights in front of the tube, I just wish I could reach down and scratch her behind her ear. I miss all my dogs and found it too painful to go through that again. This world is a better place when we have folks kind enough to take in the homeless ones. Three cheers to your son rg.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2023, 10:40 PM »

Lily will be 15 this fall.  Rescued her as a puppy from some wacky people in the southern tier . Never liked little dogs until her.

iceman260

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2023, 08:47 AM »
So glad that dog got a good home.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2023, 12:55 PM »
My last FOREVER pet…. 8). And she’s got a lot more years to go in her than I do…. ;D ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2023, 03:32 PM »
That’s pretty special Dom.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

iceman260

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2023, 06:25 AM »
Very cool pet Dom.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2023, 06:59 AM »
And she was a rescue pet from someone who didn’t know how to take care of her properly. And she was under a foot long then.  Now she’s over 2.. 8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2023, 07:16 AM »
 Cool pet ,Dom
 I lost my 15 year old beagle several years ago to congestive heart failure
 Still haven’t got another
 I took in a stray cat showed up on my door step hungry and flea invested and in need of being fixed and a home ,
 I’ve never been able to turn an animal away even a cat hes now 4 and subject to minor tortures lol

gotagetm

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2023, 11:34 AM »

Lost my old black lab few weeks back but adopted the 2 year old chocolate in middle here...I love my dogs ...better than most people ( there watching me eat wings) they get the bones haha

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2023, 12:21 PM »
Quite an audience Ben😀

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Aug 20, 2023, 07:03 AM »
 That’s great Ben , nice thing about pets as they are always glad to see you and they could careless about your politics, or anything else

62 & Done

« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2023, 12:41 PM »
And she was a rescue pet from someone who didn’t know how to take care of her properly. And she was under a foot long then.  Now she’s over 2.. 8)
   Just curious, how does one keep a turtle like that through the winter?  Does she hibernate?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.