FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish with wings.  (Read 2460 times)

Big Ice Hole

• So many fish, so little time
Panfish with wings.
« on: May 10, 2015, 02:36 PM »
My parents moved to Florida about 4 or 5 yrs. ago and mom is craving some upstate N.Y. Panfish. Anyone know how to ship some down to them?

Fish Farmer

Re: Panfish with wings.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 03:50 PM »
I routinely ship live trout eggs in Styrofoam coolers via Fed Ex Express which is overnight delivery. I don't know how much it costs since it is usually paid by the recipient, but guess it is probably $60 to $80 which is what I've paid for overnighting live aquarium organisms from Florida. I would think you could get away with 2nd day delivery if packed with ice or dry ice. If you were shipping in the winter you could probably get away with less ice.

The shipping coolers I get are from a company called RADVA base in Virginia and I think they sell various sized containers for your needs.

Big Ice Hole

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 04:27 PM »
I routinely ship live trout eggs in Styrofoam coolers via Fed Ex Express which is overnight delivery. I don't know how much it costs since it is usually paid by the recipient, but guess it is probably $60 to $80 which is what I've paid for overnighting live aquarium organisms from Florida. I would think you could get away with 2nd day delivery if packed with ice or dry ice. If you were shipping in the winter you could probably get away with less ice.

The shipping coolers I get are from a company called RADVA base in Virginia and I think they sell various sized containers for your needs.

Thanks for the info Fish Famer, I'lll have to look into that.

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 06:11 PM »
You're a good son. I know my parents can't get enough of the pannies that I bring them.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Pliskin1

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:18 AM »
Styrofoam coolers and some dry ice in them.  It does get costly, but its certainly less than a dinner I'd spend on either of my folks.  Win win. 

Not sure how far you are from Syracuse (I didn't map your location), but there's a dry ice place in Cuse.

duke

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:36 AM »
I know you aren't traveling with the fish but thought I would post this here as info. I have traveled from NY to New Mexico on a plane and have on numerous occasions brought fillets frozen in a bag of water in my carry on bag. I simply wrap them up good in a sweatshirt and 11 hrs. later when I get to my apartment here in NM they are still frozen solid, barely started to thaw- less than an 1/8" of thawing has occurred. Just something to keep in mind should you travel to Florida or the parents come to visit.
Duane

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Yeah, it's not cheap but I send live lobsters to my mother in California once a year. Fed Ex overnight in a Styrofoam container made for it and gel pack cold packs. Make sure your recipient knows they are coming!

Big Ice Hole

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll have to get a hold of Fed Ex.

rdhammah

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 07:32 PM »
so how  much is it?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.