FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Important: New Susquehanna Catch and Release Big Bass Waters Regulations  (Read 18989 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Catch & Release Only for Bass From Sunbury to Conowingo Pond and the Juniata from the confluence of the Susquehanna to Port Royal... Big Bass Waters.

What was passed was a "proposed rulemaking" to change the regs on the Susquehanna River from the Sunbury Dam 98 miles south and on the Juniata River from the mouth 31 miles upstream to C&R only year round with no tournaments from April till June and only "paper" tournaments the rest of the year. Ex. Dir. Arway will issue an emergency order to put the regs in effective Jan. 1, 2011 in the interm. The Commissioners will then consider the "final rulemaking" at the April 2011 meetings. The regs will be included in the 2011 license handbook. The regs even is adopted in April by Commissioners will still be considered "temporary" until those sections of river recover. This is the only action that the PFBC can take within its authority to protect the fish while the population recovers. The hope is that it will create enough attention with the appropriate agencies and the legislators to spur action to fix the real problem which is water quality.

From Norm Gavlick (PFBC Commissioner)

Provided courtesy of Tom Boyd

eyefishermandt

• QUIT WISHIN GO FISHIN! CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. TEAM
best thing that could of happened to the river,. now only if they would put a slot limit on walleye..... yea dont see that happening.   EYEFISHERMAN   D.T.
DONALD T WITMER 111

draketrutta

Tournaments should be banned all-together IMO..

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

chez

best thing that could of happened to the river,. now only if they would put a slot limit on walleye..... yea dont see that happening.   EYEFISHERMAN   D.T.
i agree totally. the delaware has a 18 inch 3 fish a day limit.i have seen the eye quality improve greatly although i have seen kids with stingers of eyes 15   16 inches 5 on a stringer.they said they didnt know the change.its been in efect for years now.they will always be a few that will try to get away with what they can.years ago i was the same way .you grow up have kids of your own and want them to have somekind of fishing future.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.