FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 373778 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #180 on: Dec 24, 2019, 11:53 AM »
Who's cooking prime rib tonight and how are you cooking it?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #181 on: Dec 24, 2019, 02:50 PM »

I'm not tonight but I am tomorrow and I'm considering the 500 Degrees 5 minutes per pound method but I'm nervous because I've never tried it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #182 on: Dec 24, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Made a plethora of appetizers for our party tonight. We made it through 80% of the dishes before screaming TILT!

No worries, some for tomorrow.

On an exquisite note, my Son ( bless his soul) gave me a bottle of Eagle Rare. And my daughter brought me a box of "Hedonistic Chocolates" . Sea salt coated, dark chocolate, creamy caramel morsels to swoon over. Made right here in Rochester.

These will be hoarded!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #183 on: Dec 24, 2019, 11:23 PM »
I'm not tonight but I am tomorrow and I'm considering the 500 Degrees 5 minutes per pound method but I'm nervous because I've never tried it
I tried it last year and was not happy with the results. Very cold center. I hope yours turns out better. Merry Christmas

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #184 on: Dec 25, 2019, 05:11 AM »

Well tried it and wound up cutting it in half to finish cooking the center...
 At one point it looked done and stuck a thermometer in it and it didn't move...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #185 on: Dec 25, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Last prime rib I cooked I let it sit out till the center was almost at room temp. Took several hours. Then I roasted it in an oven bag at 325 for almost 5 hours to 140 in the middle. It was super tender and delicious. I might just have to do another in a couple weeks.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #186 on: Dec 26, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Got it in mind to make some Raviloi this afternoon.
Made some fresh Pasta dough

Filling was Ricotta, Romano and seasonings. Piped it on to the sheets.

Rolled the sheet over with some egg wash to seal it and cut them into Ravioli.

A nice boil

Some home made sauce....

Danged delicious!

Rg

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #187 on: Dec 26, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Looks good RG. If it isn't a family secret, could you share your pasta recipe. I have my great grandmother's pasta machine. It's been over 50 years since its been used. I would love to try.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #188 on: Dec 26, 2019, 06:25 PM »
The pasta is so simple you won't believe it.

3 whole eggs beaten
2 cups flour.

There's recipes out there that call for Olive Oli. I've tried them...don't like them. Makes the pasta tough.

If the dough seems dry add water a teaspoon at a time

If  the dough seems wet, add flour a tablespoon at a time.

It should be just past sticky.

I use my Kitchenaid with a dough hook.

Eggs in first
Add flour slowly to combine.
When the dough ball starts to form, knead for 5-10 minutes ( about #4 on the machine.) Might have to scrape the bowl a couple times during the process to combine all the flour etc.

By hand:
Place flour on a surface....counter top, cutting board ....whatever
Make a well in the middle and pour in the beaten eggs
Combine the flour with the eggs until there's a workable dough ball
Knead...knead...and knead some more until the dough is shiny and elastic. Could take 20 minutes of work. Knead, fold in the ends....knead some more. Add flour as needed to keep it from sticking.

Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes to an hour.

Cut the ball in quarters and work with one piece at a time leaving the others wrapped up in plastic so they won't dry out.

It's really important. Dry dough is a pasta killer.

Work the piece of dough into a sort of rectangle and start running it through the rollers. You're looking for a sort of square sheet here to work with..

From there it's up to you as to what you want to make.

There's a ton of recipes out there for food processors, by hand etc...etc. in the end it's a mix of experience and what you have to mix with.

Flour is your friend! Keeps stuff from sticking...adds to texture...keeps the "Ball Rolling" so to speak.

Just don't over think it. I've been making pasta for a few years since my Daughter bought me the attachments for my Kitchenaid. I can whip up Garlic, Basil Fettuccine in about 30 minutes. It's awesome.

So....go play in the flour!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #189 on: Dec 27, 2019, 05:24 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going to prep for our New Years Eve dinner. I'ts always just my Bride and I. She loves scallops and Alfredo sauce. We usually have some Angel Hair pasta to go with.

This year I'm making Spinach Agnolatti with a Ricotta/ pesto filling, sea scallops, and my home made Alfredo sauce.

Might even hunt up an angus Fillet Mignon for a side on my Plate. My Bride isn't really a red meat eater.

Best part is....I get to make Agnolatti. There will be some to freeze for sure.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #190 on: Dec 28, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Well, got sidetracked this morning. My Bride decided she would like some fried Potstickers. So, I whipped up a batch.

Glad I did. Also made dough for the Pasta. I'll make that tomorrow.

A nice day of cooking!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #191 on: Jan 04, 2020, 09:11 AM »
Made my first batch ever of mini egg rolls this morning. They're in the freezer right now. My Bride and I are going to test them this afternoon.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #192 on: Jan 04, 2020, 09:40 AM »
I made some chaffles for us.

Came out ok.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #193 on: Jan 04, 2020, 11:47 AM »
I'll bite......what's a Chaffle?

Rg

Mac Attack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.