FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish and Mushroom report  (Read 7544 times)

fishinator

Re: Fish and Mushroom report
« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2021, 01:43 PM »
Just a few today but much bigger.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #16 on: Apr 25, 2021, 03:13 PM »
I’m still fishing for shrooms,and they are biting!

fishinator

« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Nice! I see even more in the bowl in the back. What county? I'm just starting to find them in newton.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2021, 07:27 PM »
Whitely and koskiosko !

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2021, 07:28 PM »
All together 5.5 lbs

Hexagenia51

« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2021, 02:42 PM »
After shooting a trophy Tom Turkey, I checked a spot for rooms and found about fifty nice greys and yellows. My brother said I should go get a lottery ticket! LOL Sure has been a great day for me! Here’s a picture. Hex

2LMKR2

« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:26 PM »
Found a nice bunch today, all fresh big blacks. Now if I can just catch a few fish to go with them!

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Nice!!
We just started picking our Ramps/Leeks here in Central NY. Also picked enough wild horseradish to make a couple jars....
No Fiddleheads yet...

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2021, 01:13 PM »
I can find grays and yellows every time,What trees and or areas do the blacks like only found a handful in all the years I’ve been hunting

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2021, 03:33 PM »
wild cherry trees, I have been told.

2LMKR2

« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2021, 08:23 PM »
I can find grays and yellows every time,What trees and or areas do the blacks like only found a handful in all the years I’ve been hunting

All I can tell you about finding blacks is just from my experience. I have a few areas that I find them and none of them look the same. One has cherry near it, the others don't, the rest are just random hard woods. The areas I find them in are small as for having mushrooms, 50 yards any direction looks exactly the same except you won't find any Blacks. Once you find them, you will find them there for years, I have places I have found them for over 30 years. Naturally, the weather seems to be the big factor, some years there will be very few but they will almost always be there. I really wish I could be more help and say, “look for this, or that” but with blacks, for me, they sure seem to know what it is they like, but I'll be darned if I can tell you what it is!

2LMKR2

« Reply #26 on: Apr 28, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Went to a different location today and found a few more than Monday, still all blacks

ran7ger

« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2021, 07:43 PM »
only get the dark ones up here in saskatchewan, at least in the north.  is one colour better eating than the other? 

we also don't get the banquet beer up here anymore.  very disappointing.
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #28 on: Apr 28, 2021, 08:27 PM »

When my grandfather was still alive we always hunted poplar and ash trees for blacks.

bigr

« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 2021, 01:28 PM »
I'm thinking one last weekend of shrooming. The giant ones should be up after the rains. I have over a hundred flagged I've left to mature. They have grown but are not yet yellow which I believe is when they are finished growing. I hope another hundred or so of their friends pop up by Saturday when i'll harvest. Big fish and fry planned for the evening. Back to fishing after that. Walleye I'm thinking.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.