FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A day to remember  (Read 1109 times)

fishinator

A day to remember
« on: May 23, 2021, 04:17 PM »
A friend and I hit the local hole Saturday.  Had a double limit of ears and 55 gills. Redworms with a plain hook. Several of the ears were over 10" . I caught a pig that was just over 11" but freakishly tall and wide.

taxid

Re: A day to remember
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 06:16 PM »
It's that time of year!  Feels like summer already to me! And to think it snowed here about 10 days ago and it's consistently in the 80's to upper 80's

Nice catch! Congrats!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 08:11 PM »
Quality fish are sure to be had this time of year. Unless fishing a private body of water I prefer not to rape big fish off their beds. I'm glad you had a great day and enjoyed yourself but please research the impact of what taking big fish off beds can do to a quality fishery.

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Quality fish are sure to be had this time of year. Unless fishing a private body of water I prefer not to rape big fish off their beds. I'm glad you had a great day and enjoyed yourself but please research the impact of what taking big fish off beds can do to a quality fishery.
I know the impact of taking the biggest fish off the beds, or at least what I have read. This lake is scheduled to be drained soon so I'm not hurting anything. 

indianahooker

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 07:22 PM »
thats a great mess!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.