FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OAKDALE/NORWAY  (Read 3363 times)

AKAGAZOO

OAKDALE/NORWAY
« on: Apr 07, 2004, 09:11 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has checked these areas out yet?  This is usually a good time of year to hit them.
h

ChapstickCharlie

Re: OAKDALE/NORWAY
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:04 PM »
I remember about 7 years ago when you could fish from shore below Norway dam and slay the silvers on little spinners. But the shoreline is all private now I think. Good old days.

river scum

• fishin is livin
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2004, 01:03 AM »
i fished norway last year and its still open to fish bud.

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2004, 05:19 PM »
Norway is still very fishable from shore.  You can park inside the NIPSCO gates or you can park at the public access site and walk the trail back under the bridge.  I have only caught a couple quality fish below the Norway Dam.  If you want quantity and quality fish I would fish below the Oakdale Dam.  A friend and I went there about 4 times a week when I was still in school at Purdue.  We always caught a bucket full of fish whether it was walleye, crappie, bluegill, wipers, white bass, LM and SM, channels, and some big flatheads, and of course big carp and buffalo.  So there is always something biting there, the key to fishing below the Oakdale dam is to not be afraid of getting wet.  We always waded out to the middle and set up on one of the big boulders.

Copper1

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:55 AM »
The best way to fish below Norway is with a boat. Lots of big silvers and walleye but you need a boat to get them consistently. Oakdale is a better spot for the shore fisherman.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.