FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Howdy, new guy here  (Read 4139 times)

Home Wood

Howdy, new guy here
« on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Greetings. I just joined MFF, but I am a resident over at IceShanty.com. I've been down here in Raleigh for almost 6 years and haven't done squat for fishing. Used to fish all the time back home in Mass. Well, yesterday afternoon I bought my first boat and I pick it up tomorrow. It's a 2006 Tracker V16 Pro Guide w/ 60hp Mercury and brand new trolling motor thrown in as part of the deal. I can't wait to take it out. I am planning on going to Falls Lake this Sunday for a maiden voyage. I can't wait to do some reading on here and look forward to talking with you guys/gals. Here's a pic of the vessel.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: Howdy, new guy here
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2007, 08:03 PM »
welcome aboard, nice ride

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Home Wood

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Thanks.

zooker

• member of the yadkin chain gang
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2007, 05:38 PM »
home wood
falls lake has the fish but it also has horrific boat traffic.. if i was going to falls i rather go to bugs island..

the best launch to use is ledgerock more so as the summer progresses.. i belive there is a very quiet lil lake not far from there. called holt.. which my old friend fished last weekend. he said 5 best bass were over 19 pounds.. now holt is a pay lake pay to launch pay to fish..

but in the middle of the madness we call summer lake life here in nc. a small quiet lake is a blessing. i go to a small "pay" lake during the summer my self as the big lakes are a madhouse..

that or go very VERY early and leave aroud 11 am..

zooker

Home Wood

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Falls lake is awful on the weekends, but I really don't know any other lake. The closest two other lakes are Lake Wheeler and Sharon Harris (near the power plant). I have no problem paying to launch and fish, but I don't know where to do. I've never heard of Holt, but I'll try to look it up. Thanks.

zooker

• member of the yadkin chain gang
« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2007, 05:29 PM »
wood ya forgot jordan lake. it is between wheeler and harris. harris has the nuke stack..

r.d. holt or lake butner.

if your coming from the south cross the upper end of falls on-new- I-85. take the butner exit.-this should be central ave. look for nc 1121 it will be a left only. follow it to the end or old hwy 75 the lake is right in this area.. to find the map google "holt lake butner nc"..

zooker

Home Wood

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Thanks man! I just dropped a ton of $ at wally world re-upping on tackle, rods, reels, etc. I would love to meet up sometime for fishing. Give me a shout sometime. I did forget about Jordan, woops.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.