FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: is anyone around? new to the area  (Read 9435 times)

beaver1080

is anyone around? new to the area
« on: Mar 29, 2016, 10:10 AM »
seems like this page is dead. just moved down south from ny. seems like no one posts in north carolina

• I'd rather be fishing!
Re: is anyone around? new to the area
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2016, 10:24 AM »
looking at the dates of the posts here, i'd have to agree. my state is slow too.
but then, this site is very slow all year, every year. trying to brake it down by state is good if there is enough conversation for that state.
i have seen some sites break them down by sectors like north east ect.

just use the home page for this site to try to find conversation to join. this may be why some remove there location from their profile.
http://www.myfishfinder.com/

perchgypsy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2016, 01:26 PM »
Thinking about heading south in the next few yrs but this site alone depresses me from lack of fishing or Atleast talking about it...how do you like north carolina?have you went out fishing at all?this site might not have what your looking for ...just Google it might Atleast point you to a body of water with species your looking for...I'm guessing your inland and not near ocean?...was thinking tennessee or north carolina but I'd be bumming if the fishing is few and far between...here in NY can get in your vehical and no matter the direction be near some body of water in half hr tops..

Fish Farmer

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2016, 10:42 AM »
I just typed North Carolina fishing into google and got www.ncpaws.org. It looks like their state website, has several hatcheries that stock various critters and there was an interactive map where you could find waterbodies with your fish of interest.

They don't get much winter down there, maybe they are out fishing all the time! I'm going down to the coastline for a few days in early May, I hear that is the time for bluefish on the coast....I can catch those up in New England in a few months :laugh:.

Another slow site is the Arizona site with good reason, not a lot of water BUT there is very good fishing if you know where to look. My site(Vermont) is dead in the summer as well...but the word is out about the bass, trout and salmon fishing.

warbonnett

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2016, 11:03 AM »
    Lived at High Rock lake out of Salisbury from 95 to 03, a lot of BASS, CATFISH and CRAPPIE ! But for me, fish are fish, as long as I'm catching !!  ;D  One thing I learned they have NO concept of ICE FISHING !!! :thumb up_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:       WB

beaver1080

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2016, 09:49 AM »
I just typed North Carolina fishing into google and got www.ncpaws.org. It looks like their state website, has several hatcheries that stock various critters and there was an interactive map where you could find waterbodies with your fish of interest.

They don't get much winter down there, maybe they are out fishing all the time! I'm going down to the coastline for a few days in early May, I hear that is the time for bluefish on the coast....I can catch those up in New England in a few months :laugh:.

Another slow site is the Arizona site with good reason, not a lot of water BUT there is very good fishing if you know where to look. My site(Vermont) is dead in the summer as well...but the word is out about the bass, trout and salmon fishing.

vt site isn't bad for iceshanty. i lived right on the border and fished a lot at st. catherine

beaver1080

« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2016, 09:50 AM »
    Lived at High Rock lake out of Salisbury from 95 to 03, a lot of BASS, CATFISH and CRAPPIE ! But for me, fish are fish, as long as I'm catching !!  ;D  One thing I learned they have NO concept of ICE FISHING !!! :thumb up_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:       WB

i don't care what i'm catching either most of the time as long as it's edible  ;D

beaver1080

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2016, 03:58 PM »
finally made it out this morning till about noon and had pretty decent success. missed a nice bass and roughly 4-5 bowfin but landed 3 other bass and a pumpkinseed.  nothing big but they were chunky. biggest 15 inches

IMG_20160414_113033748 by wendell hall, on Flickr
IMG_20160414_104021927 by wendell hall, on Flickr
IMG_20160414_090704596 by wendell hall, on Flickr

perchgypsy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2016, 04:41 PM »
Nice catch 👍👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.