FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: square pond??  (Read 2557 times)

olbluuu

• Go Big
square pond??
« on: Apr 20, 2006, 07:16 PM »
wonderingif anyone has fished square and also wondering where launch is , i'm not sure never been,would like to try this weekend .i know i have to pass through culvert somewhere but where launch is  not sure exactly where  if any info thank you!!!thank you!

openwaterfreak

• fish to live-live to fish
Re: square pond??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2006, 07:31 PM »
 hi there olbluuu, if you head out of sanford , west on rt. 109 go past the potting shed restraunt and apple orachard take your next right on to goose pond rd. go in about a mile on the left is west shore rd. go down west shore for about another mile or so look for ramp sign on the left.  it's a dirt road, about a 1/2 mile stay to right and your there. good launch my be shallow but you should have no problem.    good fishing ....
GOT FISH ?

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2006, 08:22 PM »
thank you open water freak hope to hit it hard awesome directions thank you its a 2 hour ride with boat from house hope its worth the trip.any tips??? for browns???

.hope the trip's worth

Fish Monger

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2006, 10:40 AM »
It's a sssssllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwww place to fish, but the state record Brown was caught there!

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2006, 12:09 PM »
what's slower sebago or square???

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2006, 09:29 PM »
square

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2006, 09:22 AM »
square by a long shot

mayfly

• so little time ,so many fish!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:01 PM »
square is just starting to regain its population of browns after many years of not being stocked,because of no boat launch.i thin k it has ben about three or four years now of stocking. it wont be but a few more years and the fishing will be good again

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:09 PM »
that a helpful tidbit of info about square thank you is square slower cause of not being fished cause it is in the boondocks(long ride-dont know too much about it?) or does sebago "wow" everyone like it does me every time i hit the place!!!makes me keep wanting to fish her like punishment! i can never seem to bust away from sebago to try other places i wish it would stop "wowing" me!

mayfly

• so little time ,so many fish!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:14 PM »
thats why the state record was caught , no body was fishing it so the last remaining fish from late 80's stocking , got no pressure and just grew to monster size . i know of over a dozen that broke ten lbs.during the ghost town days, but it was sloooooooooooooooooow fishing....... but when it was stocked consistently  it gave up some good fish . 5-7 lbs was not hard to catch , with some close to ten.

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2006, 08:23 PM »
square has always been a "what if place to fish"almost a dream "what if" cause there are still some biggins left to be caught!its an awfully long ride for me from casco but i still have to fish it sometime

windwalker

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2006, 08:30 AM »
While your in the area, try the Salmon Falls river for browns. Fish over 10 come from ther every year.
 :-*
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.