FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I don't like it!!  (Read 10195 times)

lumberjohn

I don't like it!!
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:21 PM »
I have noticed that the threads to NY lakes are now listed alphabeticaly now by lake name. I see this is true for other states as well and assume likewise for rivers and such. It used to be that they were all listed by most recent posts. I don't like the new format. Now I have to scroll through other pages to find out what is happening NOW by fisherman that ARE TAKING THE TIME to post on current/recent results/activity on lakes they fish in the past day or two. If folks aren't posting what is going on in, say, Allegheny Reservoir (last post May 2004), Arnold Lake (who cares? last post April 2004), and Butterfield (where the heck is that? last post April 2004) then it ain't that important to the rest of us in the forum. It sucks to jump back and forth to find out who is doing what and what techniques are working among us dedicated posters. PUT THE RECENT POSTINGS BACK FRONT AND CENTER IS WHAT I SAY! Furgitabout those other places if no one bothers to write about them. Let's get back to seeing what is happening TODAY!! I want Owasco, Sacandaga, Skaneateles, IBay, Sodus, Keuka, etc back front and center, if ya know what I mean.

BTW. Another peeve. while I'm at it. The picture you have as wallpaper of a guy, bringing in a played out dink Northern Pike, with grubby hands and chewed off fingernails is pretty bad. Surely you coulda found something more worthy of the fine efforts of members than that pic. With all the nice pics of fellow sportsmen with fine catches posted on this site I'da thunk you might have rewarded one of those fellows with a classic photo as the wallpaper posting of the year. Okay, so I'll admit, I have been known to chew my nails on occasion too from time to time during an outing, but jeez-louise, I usually leave enough behind to at least untangle a birds-nest in my baitcaster. Okay, I'm done, good fishing guys and gals.

archbishop

Re: I don't like it!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:25 PM »
come on now lumberjohn dont hold back let us know how you really feel ;D

lumberjohn

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Yeah, I'll probably see some treble hooks zinging by my head for this one.

Chucker

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 05:40 AM »
LJ - I would humbly suggest you use the "view  unread posts since last visit" feature located at the top right of most pages.

Hookset

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 08:38 AM »
All of the column headings are sortable.  Just click on the column by which you would like the posts to be sorted.  One click will sort ascending, another will sort descending.  If you want it sorted by last post, just click on the words"Last Post".
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 09:00 AM »
I agree with lumberjohn about the sorting in the lakes section.  I'd rather see it sorted by most recent post instead of having to click column headings to re-sort.  Makes it a pain in the a**, and if no one is posting about a certain lake then I don't want to have to sift through it.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 11:44 AM »
I agree with lumberjohn about the sorting in the lakes section. I'd rather see it sorted by most recent post instead of having to click column headings to re-sort. Makes it a pain in the a**, and if no one is posting about a certain lake then I don't want to have to sift through it.

It could be something with your profile.  At the top of the page click on the word profile.  Then, when your profile comes up, look on the left hand side of the screen and you'll see an option for "Look and Layout Preferences", click on that.  Then check the box next to "Show most recent posts at the top".  This should solve the problem.  It's also good to know about being able to sort any way you'd like by clicking on the header as Hookset mentioned.

Try this and see if it solves the problem.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Tried that FB.  It changes the listing to by date of last post but puts the most recent at the bottom of the list so I still have to click on the column header to re-sort new to old.  Also, if it were related to individual profiles, all the boards would be arranged the same when viewed by the individual but it only seems to apply to the lake board in the NY section.  Must be a server side issue.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Its not a server issue. It was done intentionally.  ;) I personally liked it better the other way as well.

Bussman

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Its not a server issue. It was done intentionally.  ;) I personally liked it better the other way as well.

Bussman

Yeah, i know it's not a server issue.  I just meant that it was a config setting on the server not on an individual's account or PC.

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 08:43 AM »
zing---->#13 brown trout thunderstick

1. It was only NY not all the lake boards, reason being I was doing some work on the NY lakes board.

2. Sorry about that "dink" pike it's only a mere 40+ inches I am sure you get much bigger ones where you live. 

3. Far as my grubby hands and finger nails...I do some manual labor from time to time. You must be in cosmetology?

That was some very constructive criticism I must say. In your case LJ, One should always follow your parents advice and go by the rule; If you don't have nothing good to say don't say nothing at all.

-Scott

rendo

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 06:10 PM »

BRAVO SCOTT! looks fine to me
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 06:42 PM »
I'd call that game, set and match
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

yoda

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 08:08 AM »
Sorry Scott but I agree. The picture needs to be changed.  Not cuz of your nails, but I think it just needs a change.  How about a smokin hot chick holding a pike :clapping:

trapperdirk

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 10:07 AM »
zing---->#13 brown trout thunderstick

1. It was only NY not all the lake boards, reason being I was doing some work on the NY lakes board.

2. Sorry about that "dink" pike it's only a mere 40+ inches I am sure you get much bigger ones where you live. 

3. Far as my grubby hands and finger nails...I do some manual labor from time to time. You must be in cosmetology?

That was some very constructive criticism I must say. In your case LJ, One should always follow your parents advice and go by the rule; If you don't have nothing good to say don't say nothing at all.

-Scott

ROTFLMAO Scott . Well LJ what can I say about this mention of fish and fingernails . Some of us handle live bait and real live fish so don't sweat a cut or two or a flaw in someones fingernails . Not all of us are pencil pushers or keyboard punchers . ;) Only reason I can see it bothering anyone is if they are intimidated by a little bit of honest hard physical labour . If I do it your way LJ , I guess I better start shaving,showering,and manicuring my nails then put on my dapper dan clothes before I take a pic of fish to post . ::) ;D Yeh right . :D

Scott you can eat out of the same bag of chips that I do at anytime even after landing a fish or baiting a hook and don't worry about the surgical scrub job or manicure before hand because it won't bother me in the least . ;D

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.