FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 14681 times)

unfrozen nostrils

Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Boat washing station open on May 1st.  LGPC can't stop you from using a Public boat launch just because the stations aren't open.  The reasoning behind this is that it is considered too cold and invasive species aren't active yet so there's no need for inspections.  You must still have Lake George boat registration sticker though.  And for the guys who always like to use the excuse "If there not out yet, How can I get one."  Well since the South end boat launch was made public all year round a few years ago the LGPC had been diligent in getting the permits out early.  They were available on March 22 and I order mine the same day.  It's already on the boat. I've been checked early season also.  Had every thing legal and had a very nice conversation with the LG Park police. They will actually give you tips on the fishing since their out there all day. You just follow the rules, keep a low profile since there's no need to attract attention and no problems. 

beerbellybob106

« Reply #16 on: Apr 06, 2017, 06:16 PM »
When I looked on the parks website it showed fish307 as one of the places to get a permit is this true ?

LooseEye90

« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing FN. I do recall reading a post last year about it being too cold for invasives early season, I think it was a LGPC person who actually posted it. I too have my 2017 sticker readynto go. Too bad the boats still on jack stands. Lol

Beer belly- they're pretty quick about getting them out via online. Think I got mine within a week, maybe week and a half. Not sure about 307, give them a call.

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Check out the park commissions site.

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us

Long story short your trailered boat requires registration with the park commission (40$ and up for a year) and an invasive species inspection. Not sure when inspectors start, might be worth a call.

I know some folks chance it early season without permits or inspection but I saw them turning people away last spring and fall without permits and documenting trailers who launched without a tag before the crew got there. I was told it could be up to a $500 fine. I'd call it a crap shoot, was surprised how late in the season the inspectors were out last fall.

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with launching without a tag if its outside of their "boating season". You only need a tag and wash during that season.  I think it runs 1 May to Nov 30.  I have a few friends that have had no issues at all outside of the formal boating season.

LooseEye90

« Reply #19 on: Apr 07, 2017, 04:01 PM »

There is nothing wrong with launching without a tag if its outside of their "boating season". You only need a tag and wash during that season.  I think it runs 1 May to Nov 30.  I have a few friends that have had no issues at all outside of the formal boating season.

Never said there was anything wrong with it, just that I've seen folks getting some slack. ;D also I can't be sure of when in the spring it was. If they're not there to retag me next week I'll end up in the same "boat" as your buddies!

Tight lines!

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Apr 07, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Never said there was anything wrong with it, just that I've seen folks getting some slack. ;D also I can't be sure of when in the spring it was. If they're not there to retag me next week I'll end up in the same "boat" as your buddies!

Tight lines!

Catch em up!

touge30

« Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Truck warming up right now gonna give it a try.

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #22 on: Apr 12, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Got out on LG yesterday, gorgeous morning! Ran in-line boards and DR's 2-8' under the surface for LLS with sticks and spoons for the first 2 hours, no luck. Switched to laker mode and did better. Ended up with six, a few decent ones. Water still pretty cold, 38 degrees!

MK

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #23 on: Apr 12, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Off and running. Nice catch. A great day to be on the water...h2l

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #24 on: Apr 12, 2017, 07:04 AM »
some great fish and nice photos
thank you for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

xjbob99

« Reply #25 on: Apr 12, 2017, 09:57 AM »
going to hit the lake Friday. can someone clear up a few things for me. i dont need my boat washed and tagged before 5/1, also to get a lake george boat registration i can just stop at fish307 and grab one from them? first time fishing lake george can i launch at million dollar beach boat launch this time of year? also whats my best bet for lakers? are they in the shallows this time of the year? should i fish for them off the down riggers close to bottom and run leadcore?

thanks for the help!

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 2017, 11:24 AM »
going to hit the lake Friday. can someone clear up a few things for me. i dont need my boat washed and tagged before 5/1, also to get a lake george boat registration i can just stop at fish307 and grab one from them? first time fishing lake george can i launch at million dollar beach boat launch this time of year? also whats my best bet for lakers? are they in the shallows this time of the year? should i fish for them off the down riggers close to bottom and run leadcore?

thanks for the help!

Launch is open, docks are in!! As of yesterday, the wash/inspection station was still closed but there were guys who were starting to open up the gates so perhaps soon? Yes on Fish307 for Reg stickers. Leadcore and DR's did the job for us yesterday! Fish were deep yesterday! Good luck!

MK

xjbob99

« Reply #27 on: Apr 12, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Launch is open, docks are in!! As of yesterday, the wash/inspection station was still closed but there were guys who were starting to open up the gates so perhaps soon? Yes on Fish307 for Reg stickers. Leadcore and DR's did the job for us yesterday! Fish were deep yesterday! Good luck!

MK

thanks a ton for  the info MK! much appreciated!!! hopefully i can repay it back someday!

LooseEye90

« Reply #28 on: Apr 13, 2017, 06:44 AM »
Awesome work Jager!! I am jealous!

Anyone want to get out Friday? Contemplating burning a vacation day  ;D

xjbob99

« Reply #29 on: Apr 13, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Awesome work Jager!! I am jealous!

Anyone want to get out Friday? Contemplating burning a vacation day  ;D

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 60. North wind 3 to 5 mph.----

how can you say no!? ill be out!