FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 14676 times)

LooseEye90

Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #30 on: Apr 13, 2017, 08:13 AM »

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 60. North wind 3 to 5 mph.----

how can you say no!? ill be out!

I hear yah! Trying to convince a buddy of mine to take a day as well.

unfrozen nostrils

« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Since there seems to be some confusion here about when a LGPC park permit is needed I contacted the LGPC themselves for an answer. The permit is year round and IS REQUIRED when ever you are on the lake no matter what time of year it is.  Thank you to LT. Joe Johns for the response.  Here is what I received.

Good Morning Dan,

The Lake George User Fee Permit is required whenever a boat is on the lake. The annual passes run from April 1 to March 31st. The boat inspection stations are open through the boating season which is May1st through October 31st. During this time, a vessel must be sealed before entering the water. Prior to that, NYS Law requires each owner to ensure that their vessel is cleaned, drained and dry on his own. User Fee Permits are currently available only at the LGPC office. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. 

Best Regards,

Joe Johns

Lt. Joe Johns

Director of Law Enforcement

LooseEye90

« Reply #32 on: Apr 15, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Thanks for sharing UN!!

Went yesterday with limited success,  no salmon though. Skim ice had formed in some areas making a mess of my lines when we unknowingly trolled into it. Surface temp in most areas 34 degrees.

ship of fools

« Reply #33 on: Apr 15, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Skim ice had formed in some areas making a mess of my lines when we unknowingly trolled into it. Surface temp in most areas 34 degrees.

Go figure ....  it won't freeze when we want it to then comes April and it does  ::)

LooseEye90

« Reply #34 on: Apr 15, 2017, 03:07 PM »
Go figure ....  it won't freeze when we want it to then comes April and it does  ::)

I know right?   ??? >:(

xjbob99

« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 2017, 06:47 AM »
well made it out last friday. trolled 730-7p. broke one off on leadcore and landed one on the rigger in 40' FOW 30' down out in front of Indian brook on a green and white spoon. tried everything i had. trolled sticks, spoons, off the planer board. tried leadcore and down riggers also flat lining in the prop wash and jigging. was tough fishing but an amazing day to be out there though! Was my first time targeting lakers so im sure i just dont know where to find them. as far as wash station and stickers that was interesting, wash station was closed and fish307 doesn't start selling lake stickers until may... ended up buying the lake sticker online. didn't know you could do that or would of done it the night before.

lowaccord66

« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 2017, 08:03 AM »
Way to get out!

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Great Job Bro! Nice looking Rig!

MK

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 2017, 12:01 PM »
great looking rig,with some nice photos,like the fish
thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Neil McCauley

« Reply #39 on: Apr 18, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Friday looked like a great day to be out! Anyone know the water temp? Smelt run should be starting very soon.

xjbob99

« Reply #40 on: Apr 18, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Friday looked like a great day to be out! Anyone know the water temp? Smelt run should be starting very soon.

i had 36-38. according to fish307 facebook page they are running. i couldnt find any staged up last friday :-/

Neil McCauley

« Reply #41 on: Apr 23, 2017, 06:07 PM »
Hit NWB today and yepppp they're running. Water was 40*F in the AM, 45 afternoon. Saw someone out there water skiing. :blink:

Neil McCauley

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2017, 04:31 AM »
Bump. Anyone know the water temp lately?

fishmonger

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Someone checks it from Warner Bay occasionally and posts it online. 2 days ago it was 50 degrees. If you google "Lake George water temp" it comes right up. Last week I was was perch fishing the bays and the fish finder said it was 49.5-at the surface anyway. Looks like it hasn't changed much

LooseEye90

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Anyone know what time inspectors at MDB have been arriving recently?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.