FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sandy Pond Perch  (Read 7554 times)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
Re: Sandy Pond Perch
« Reply #30 on: Apr 14, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Yo Hinkydo,

Glad you are back up north. I am not sure you came back to early, but glad you are back. I did well at FH on Wednesday as well.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #31 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:41 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

The Boggey Clan is going to deplete the perch resource from The Pond today.  My son and possibly a grand son or two. Look for the old Larson. Hope to see some of you out there

lowaccord66

« Reply #32 on: Apr 22, 2018, 05:45 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

The Boggey Clan is going to deplete the perch resource from The Pond today.  My son and possibly a grand son or two. Look for the old Larson. Hope to see some of you out there

Good luck catch them up!

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:00 AM »

Whip their tails off Jim

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #34 on: Apr 22, 2018, 09:27 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Well, the  planned outing by the Boggey Clan was somewhat truncated with only my eldest son and I making the trek to the Pond this morning.  All in all, I really couldn't have asked for more, father and son with a great opportunity to fish together, talk and compete . It seems we always have competed. Who can catch the first, the biggest, the most. Some how the competition was secondary today. The sun was shining, the weather was warming. Son and dad finally got out of the house and freed from their respective cabin fevers.

The day did not start with a bang. After launching from the Wig-Wam ramp, we started the search of all the old favorite perch habitats. One by one eliminating the old standbys. So much so, that by 11:30, having cris crossed the Pond several times with only 3 perch to show for our efforts. Though I mentioned  it was to become a warm sunny day, the morning started out with temperatures below freezing gradually warming to afternoon temperatures in the mid fifty's.  As the temperatures warmed , so did our efforts to find the lair of our elusive perch . Now i'm not going to say exactly where this perch hiding place was found, but when we did , the switch was turned on and father and son started to fill the pail with seven stripers. Poppy even caught a nice walleye , which would have been a nice keeper on Oneida and in season.

In short, all is well that ends well. We managed 40 nice perch for our days efforts. The largest was 12 inches . Father and son caught up on all things family. Oh yeh. Dad caught the first and the biggest. Shayne caught the most and smoked Poppy. Three for everyone I caught. I guess I did something well, taught him to be a good fisherman, and from my point of view, a good father.

The Larson ran like a top. The perch keepers were all female and only three were still with eggs. All the males were too small to keep and blessed us with a slimy white sperm coating on seats, carpet and clothing. Also noted the fillets had become pink as is always the case directly after dropping there eggs.

filetandrelease

« Reply #35 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:02 AM »
Sounds like the 2 of you had a great day

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #36 on: Apr 23, 2018, 06:18 AM »
Yo Freddy,

Thanks for correcting my spelling miscue of the word stripper verses striper. Always a gentleman, you did it off line so as not to embarrass me. I guess this old English major needs an editorial review once in a while.  I chalk most of my mistakes up to poetic licence or  using the vernacular. Not so this time. Just wrong. Thanks again my friend. By the way, the Larson is running fine and I am still looking forward to catching some fish with you and enjoying some of your sage advise.   Always available.

Boggey

hinkydo

« Reply #37 on: Apr 23, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Took awhile to find them jboggey, when you did, you put a clinic on. Way to go.

hinkydo

reeleyz

« Reply #38 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Sounds like a great trip Jbog!  :thumbup_smilie:

Tommyboy1971

« Reply #39 on: Apr 25, 2018, 06:46 AM »
must....catch....more....perch.......... :P

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #40 on: Apr 26, 2018, 07:32 AM »
Yo TommyBoy,

Your picture did not process correctly.

Tommyboy1971

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2018, 07:35 AM »
Jim, want to go fish Saturday somewhere?

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 04:50 AM »
 Yo TommyBoy,

Read your email bud. Your choice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.