FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 4313 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Anyone planning on going today (Saturday)? Was wondering if the water is still high and the temp of water. Last week they said the ramp was flooded ???? How can this be??? Any way I will be there tomorrow to see if the ice fishermen left any????

abishop

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Anyone make it out today?

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Hope to share the lake with someone today. Will post results when I return. LOL

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Got blown off the lake with only the 1 anchor. I forgot the heavy extra one. Yes, the ramp is flooded. Only battled for about 1 1/2 hours. When we left there must of been a bass tourney starting cause there were about a dozen boats come within about 30 minutes. Water temp was 45. Lake was at least 1 1/2 feet above the norm.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Probably gonna try tomorrow
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2018, 11:11 AM »

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2018, 02:52 PM »
You guys are diehards. I guess I've become a fair weather fisherman in my older years. The fishing has to be really really good to be in a boat in the wind and cold for me.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Fished today. Kept 15, threw back just as many. Fished 5 hours. Slow bite. Water is in good condition, should start getting better soon. Warmth is on the way.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Daybreak

« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:09 PM »
You guys are diehards. I guess I've become a fair weather fisherman in my older years. The fishing has to be really really good to be in a boat in the wind and cold for me.
I'm with you Taxid.  I used to be out in just about any kind of weather, but since I have gotten to the other side of 65, I just don't seem to have the same desire to fight the harsh elements.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Anyone know if the water level at the slough is back down to normal yet. With this warmer weather and that being a shallow lake the gills should be hungry. Anyone getting them? P.M.S. welcome.

abishop

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2018, 07:31 PM »
FYI, THE ROAD IS CLOSED GOING IN FROM THE NORTH SIDE. THEY ARE PUTTING IN A NEW CULVART. YOU HAVE TO ENTER THE PROPERTY FROM THE SOUTH END RT 114. AS FAR AS THE BITE GOES WE ONLY GOT 17 AND THEY WERE ALL SMALL. THE WEATHER WAS FANTASTIC WITH VERY LITTLE WIND. I WOULD OF THOUGHT THE BITE WOULD OF BEEN BETTER. MAYBE IF THE SUN WASNT OUT. MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE NEXT FULL MOON. JUST MY 2 CENTS. WHEN WE GOT THERE THE TEMP WAS 50 WHEN WE LEFT IT WAS 54. EVERYONE I SPOKE TO HAD LITTLE TO NO LUCK. GUESS THE WRONG DAY. MUST HAVE BEEN 30 BOATS OUT. THEY WERE DOING SOME REPAIRS TO THE BOAT DOCK. SUPPOSE TO BE WINDY THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS, MAYBE THE BITE WILL BE BETTER. LOL

kfishdoctor

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2018, 07:43 PM »
At least you got out to enjoy a nice day. North east wind. East is least and north is next might have something to do with the bite. Better luck next time Al.

abishop

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2018, 07:53 AM »
any updates? heard the road is open MAYBE??? Are the fish biting?

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2018, 08:33 PM »
any updates? heard the road is open MAYBE??? Are the fish biting?

The road is open, i was down there today at 4 a.m.

abishop

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 09:34 AM »
Anyone find any beds with the full moon yet? My guess it will be next month before they are in full swing spawn mode.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.