FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Setting up the boat to troll...  (Read 30976 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Setting up the boat to troll...
« Reply #180 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:13 PM »
I stand by what I said except for the fact that I forgot about the cooler.....

Mac Attack

« Reply #181 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:15 PM »

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #182 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:52 PM »
I think he is forgetting about the most important thing which I am sure Gamefisher agonized over:  cooler location.

I figured that out before everything else, believe me!

gamefisher

« Reply #183 on: Apr 13, 2018, 01:07 PM »
I figured that out before everything else, believe me!

I've heard through the grapevine that live wells and frozen water jugs make great coolers but you'd have to check with some of the site veterans for confirmation. :laugh:

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #184 on: Apr 13, 2018, 02:35 PM »
I've heard through the grapevine that live wells and frozen water jugs make great coolers but you'd have to check with some of the site veterans for confirmation. :laugh:

Works for me!

Mac Attack

« Reply #185 on: Apr 13, 2018, 05:08 PM »
I hate beverage cans that smell like fish.

But that’s just me.

8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #186 on: Apr 13, 2018, 05:14 PM »
I hate beverage cans that smell like fish.
But that’s just me.8)

Im with you Mac. But its the taste you just  cant wipe off that kills me..... :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #187 on: Apr 13, 2018, 05:20 PM »

Im with you Mac. But its the taste you just  cant wipe off that kills me..... :P

Yup
Fish coolers are for fish
Need other coolers for the rest
Never shall they mix

gamefisher

« Reply #188 on: Apr 14, 2018, 03:54 AM »

Yup
Fish coolers are for fish
Need other coolers for the rest
Never shall they mix

They make these things called plastic bags, work great. 8)

joefishmore

« Reply #189 on: Apr 14, 2018, 07:47 AM »
They make these things called plastic bags, work great. 8)

Yeah, but the busybody feelgooders don't want you to have any.

SilverSides

« Reply #190 on: Apr 14, 2018, 08:14 AM »
This has been a great read. I am in a similar situation with my Lung 1900 Tyee that I bought mid year last summer. It has a built in track on the inside edge of the gunwale and came with 2 downriggers mounted on brackets that can be positioned anywhere along the track. The problem is the track is only aluminum and the little T style bolts that tighten the mount to the track are only a quarter inch wide. I had one loosen up on Lake Ontario and almost lost a rigger overboard. I have decided to bite the bullet and mount them on top of the gunwale permanently. Now I need the courage to drill that first hole.....

fishsluggos

« Reply #191 on: Apr 14, 2018, 05:16 PM »
I have a Minn Kota Powerdrive bow mount with a 25' cord. That works great for a day or so but I do a bunch of multi-day camping trips where there is no chance of recharge.

Hey Jethro,

Since you mentioned you're remote fishing in ME and this post here reminded me. I happened upon a youtube video of this while looking for a replacement battery for my Lowrance Icemachine. It will reduce the battery weight on my Icemachine by 75%. I haven't bought one yet so this isn't a first hand recommendation. But it looks like very cool technology. And I'm just throwing it out there for you. Not trying to spend your money.  ;D
http://themicrostart.com/

And I wanted to mention to you if you weren't aware of a guy in your backyard who makes and sells DR balls for 65cents a pound. You can't touch that price anywhere. They are very nice! So I'm trying to save you money on that one.  :laugh:

I can PM you his contact info.

sully

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #192 on: Apr 14, 2018, 08:35 PM »
This has been a great read. I am in a similar situation with my Lung 1900 Tyee that I bought mid year last summer. It has a built in track on the inside edge of the gunwale and came with 2 downriggers mounted on brackets that can be positioned anywhere along the track. The problem is the track is only aluminum and the little T style bolts that tighten the mount to the track are only a quarter inch wide. I had one loose up on Lake Ontario and almost lost a rigger overboard. I have decided to bite the bullet and mount them on top of the gunwale permantly. Now I need the courage to drill that first hole.....

Drilling holes are the least of your worries as I have seen you struggle to land the larger fish. You need an excellent net man!! For the right price I may be able to help you. 😂

Turnbuckle

« Reply #193 on: Apr 14, 2018, 08:45 PM »
On the topic of setting up boats, I’ve really been thinking about a driving light as I like to stay out after dark and start early. I was in the garage the other night after pulling off the shrink wrap and pulled out an old led light bar from a snowmobile. I wanted something off the deck but nothing permanent that would prevent me using a cover. I made a quick release harness for the wiring tying into the nav lights and attached it to the nav light pole. Can quickly stow it when not in use.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Mac Attack

« Reply #194 on: Apr 14, 2018, 09:25 PM »
On the topic of setting up boats, I’ve really been thinking about a driving light as I like to stay out after dark and start early. I was in the garage the other night after pulling off the shrink wrap and pulled out an old led light bar from a snowmobile. I wanted something off the deck but nothing permanent that would prevent me using a cover. I made a quick release harness for the wiring tying into the nav lights and attached it to the nav light pole. Can quickly stow it when not in use.

Sweet!!

Good job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.