FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ? For the fly guy’s.  (Read 5351 times)

robbfishing

Re: ? For the fly guy’s.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 09, 2018, 07:02 PM »
I'm not sure where your located but id be more than willing to give you a hand . I live real close to the st George river and could meet up sometime . pm me if interested ...

duck

« Reply #31 on: Apr 10, 2018, 07:29 AM »
I quick way to add a little more distance is to stretch your line and clean it regularly.  I took a lesson at bean once and the first thing the instructor showed us was how he stretches his line and then wipes it down.  It helps it lay out flat and gets you a little more distance.
"Born to fish...forced to work!!"

fishlessman

« Reply #32 on: Apr 10, 2018, 11:01 AM »
I quick way to add a little more distance is to stretch your line and clean it regularly.  I took a lesson at bean once and the first thing the instructor showed us was how he stretches his line and then wipes it down.  It helps it lay out flat and gets you a little more distance.

if you fish the salt, armourall and a stretch first thing works well,  soak the line a few minutes in cold water at night and repeat with the armour just before the next days fishing.

stripernut

« Reply #33 on: Apr 12, 2018, 05:06 PM »
A great way to add distance and ease aggravation is to use a stripping basket... I started using them in the salt and now use it when freshwater fly fishing. Take a bit to get used to using, but once you do, you can't help but have a little laugh at anyone that does not use one...

Turnbuckle

« Reply #34 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Just my .02. Take it or leave it from someone that sold a good amount of fly lines working in a fly shop.

If you want to clean your lines, use soap and water or a proper fly line dressing. It’s not much more than armor all. Guys use Armor All and Rain X, but it’s a short term solution and ultimately hurts the line.

“For years people said that ArmorAll could be used to clean and condition fly lines. What we know now is that they actually reduce the effective lifespan of the line. This is due to the chemicals in ArmorAll reacting with the plasticizers in our coating and actually drying it out. This can lead to premature cracking and line failure. ~”

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

RRobert

• cast, mend, drift, hope, step, repeat.
« Reply #35 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:43 AM »
If you want to clean your lines, use soap and water or a proper fly line dressing. It’s not much more than armor all. Guys use Armor All and Rain X, but it’s a short term solution and ultimately hurts the line.

Absolutely!....mild soap and water and a good rinse is all you need to do.
Every rod has a story, and some of them are true.

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2018, 08:32 AM »
Awsome question Stickbait, ;D i have often wondered the same thing, I got alot out of the responses. Cool site.

boondox

« Reply #37 on: Apr 14, 2018, 08:41 AM »
Yes wash with soap and water and dry .. then treat with muclin silicone fly line dressing  the silicone dressing helps float higher when using floating lines now intermediate and sinking just wash and dry ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.