FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Weather change  (Read 1535 times)

bigr

Weather change
« on: Apr 18, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Looks from the 10 day forecast that this crap we've been having for months is finally going to start improving. Cant trust what you always see but SUNNY and WARMER temps coming. Bass CRappie Walleye Gils and likely a lot of other spiecies will all be spawning at the same time.

TennesseeFreeze

Re: Weather change
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:51 AM »
The Super Spawn is about to be on! ;D

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2018, 07:11 AM »
I am a little worried about the deer herd. Fawns should be dropping soon. Cold, wet conditions do not bode well for them.

ct83

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2018, 10:10 AM »
The Super Spawn is about to be on! ;D
exactly my thoughts also brother. Im thinking 2 weeks away for the crappie maybe if weather stays right!!!!

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2018, 02:09 PM »
For those of you who are catching fish right now, are they showing signs of spawning? Large roe sacs or milt sacs? I am afraid that when they start it is going to be fast and furious.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:47 PM »
I am a little worried about the deer herd. Fawns should be dropping soon. Cold, wet conditions do not bode well for them.

I understand cold wet weather is bad for Turkey reproduction too?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Saw my first Red Fox next to the property the other day. It saw me and the dog and did a 180.  ;D  Also had two terns (I call them Seagulls) on the pier. I've never seen them here before either.

Poor Great Blue Herons must be hungry. They've been visiting my ponds a lot in the last few weeks.

Frogs and toads don't look healthy as they should have been feeding on insects by now. No Swallows yet which is unusual. Did see my resident Kingfischer today for the first time. I run him off and he chews me out.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

popnfish

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2018, 10:42 AM »
walleye on the lake I have been fishing were leaking for the past month, think they tried spawning with the last full moon

Gartoon

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2018, 01:25 PM »
For those of you who are catching fish right now, are they showing signs of spawning? Large roe sacs or milt sacs? I am afraid that when they start it is going to be fast and furious.

Lots of small male walleye milting but its been that way for a month :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.