FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Harlem Meer  (Read 2646 times)

FishingKid

Harlem Meer
« on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:02 PM »
The fishing in the Harlem Meer is not the easiest but you can catch a decent size catfish and bass along with blue gills but anyone got any advice for me I am a kid just fishing and I need some advice about what lures to use and etc anyone can help?

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
Re: Harlem Meer
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:15 PM »
Hey FishinKid!  Where is Harlem Meer?  give some more location info and i'll bet there are some folks that can help you out!!

FishingKid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:17 PM »
In Harlem in Central Park

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2018, 05:22 AM »
I have seen Mike from "Lunkerville" fishing there. Maybe you can find some of his videos on line. Good Luck...h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2018, 05:48 AM »
Welcome to the site FishingKid.....
Nice to have young new members on here.
Not to many here from your area but im sure a bunch of us can help you out..
Give us a discription or pictures of the waters and fish you are targeting so we can help you better...    Good luck....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Just looked it up..
11 acre lake and looks nice..
A basic catfish rig with a cut up blue gill for bait should work... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2018, 07:53 AM »
that's a catch and release pond only  so  you'll need to  get some catfish bait from the store  ,walmart cares  some  or  (not sure if legal check)  go to a  bait shop get some  bunker  ,mackerel or clam  ...chicken livers work  great too if your catfish are bullheads  nightcrawlers are the ticket   ....there are some  big bass in those  ponds   :thumbup_smilie:

we want pictures :)  be safe
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Thanks Trapp, didnt see the catch and release only..   We all learned something new today....

FishingKid

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2018, 08:14 PM »
I am really new to fishing so can anyone explain what basic rigs are for that lake

trapper2000

« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2018, 08:25 PM »
for catfish  a  simple hig low rig   a  lead weight on  bottom  just above that a  snelled hook about a foot  above that another hook  baid cast out and  wait for a bite  .....(dead fishing)  bass  I would  be tossin lures   top water in the  early morning  then   shallow running  crank  baits  ......for  blue  gil a  small jig  or size  10 hook with a split shot  a bobber  about  18 inches above  that   piece of  worm for bait ....u tube is a great place  to  check out  rigs and how to fish them  good luck fishingkid

zwiggles

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Looks like YouTube has a few videos of people fishing there:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:00 AM »
Yeah just google , fishing central park.
A lot of info...  This is going to be interesting to me since my son has one year of college left  across the river in LI but will be living in the city when he graduates ..

FishingKid

« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2018, 04:45 PM »
I have seen the bass and caught some large bass and catfish but just with hotdogs

trapper2000

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:04 PM »
cheap hot dogs  cut up in 2 inch pieces   put in a zip lock bag   a package of  strawberry jello  and a lot of garlic powered mix and let set over night  .... great  catfish bait  :thumbup_smilie:

FishingKid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2018, 11:35 AM »
I just saw BassFishingNYC there the other day he is on youtube I think I might check out his videos

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.