FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake trout pups  (Read 4193 times)

seamonkey84

Lake trout pups
« on: Sep 19, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Maybe there needs to be a video just like this made for Sebago
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

stguy

Re: Lake trout pups
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2018, 08:20 AM »
Not sure how much credit I'd give to a guy that isn't smart enough to put an inflatable life vest on, and then make a video to prove it.

But I get your point

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2018, 10:07 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Not sure how much credit I'd give to a guy that isn't smart enough to put an inflatable life vest on, and then make a video to prove it.

But I get your point
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

woodchip1

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2018, 10:58 AM »
I would lov to go to Sebago and fish for pups but when I catch a bigger one and he is one I have to throw back because they want to reduce the numbers of togue it turns me away from SEBAGO. good luck to all Biologist involved   in togue reduction!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2018, 02:20 PM »
I remember decades ago when Flaming Gorge was know for monster brown trout. As a kid in Massachusetts I would read about it in Outdoor Life.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JDK

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2018, 02:34 PM »
I remember decades ago when Flaming Gorge was know for monster brown trout. As a kid in Massachusetts I would read about it in Outdoor Life.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  Ray Johnson was a legend.  If I remember correctly he lived alone in a cave out there for a while.
# SAND

seamonkey84

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2018, 07:01 PM »
Seems lake trout become an issue where ever they can spawn naturally. They don’t have the requirement of moving water so they have the upper hand over trout and salmon. Their size potential makes them alluring in the beginning when considered for stocking. I’ve read when they have been stocked to help control overpulation of other fish like perch while making another problem down the road.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

zwiggles

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Seems lake trout become an issue where ever they can spawn naturally. They don’t have the requirement of moving water so they have the upper hand over trout and salmon. Their size potential makes them alluring in the beginning when considered for stocking. I’ve read when they have been stocked to help control overpulation of other fish like perch while making another problem down the road.

Your sentiment would seem applicable to almost every single invasive/non native species, and not just lake trout.

That mind set of stocking one fish, or bug to combat another fish, mussel, plant, or whatever, just seems inherently flawed. Fighting the problem with another problem.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2018, 06:15 AM »
I was thinking the exact same thing.  Ray Johnson was a legend.  If I remember correctly he lived alone in a cave out there for a while.

Yup! That's the one!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Tunker

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2018, 08:25 AM »
I vividly remember reading about him as a kid.  I was in Utah last fall for business and tried to get over to FG just to see if I could get my hands on one of his lures.  Never made it.  I have to ask - has anyone tried one of those things?

Yup! That's the one!

JDK

« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:04 AM »
I haven't, and most likely won't, but you used to be able (can??) get them on line

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Christensen-Legend-Lure/productDetail/Rip-Baits/prod999901365352/cat131408
# SAND

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:59 AM »
You likely wont try it??? I have seen some of your lure choices! This looks WAY better than the blue dolphin!!!😂

Tunker

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2018, 10:34 AM »
I've seen that before but they are never in stock.  I know there is one other spot you could get them but I really wanted to get one in my hand before I bought it.  Based on his claims and his ability to self promote you would think everyone would have ten in their tackle box.....I mean it supposedly out fished the entire Great Lakes fleet.  I imagine I could just ditch the fam for a few months, move to a cave and whittle myself something better.

I haven't, and most likely won't, but you used to be able (can??) get them on line

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Christensen-Legend-Lure/productDetail/Rip-Baits/prod999901365352/cat131408

JDK

« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2018, 01:05 PM »
You likely wont try it??? I have seen some of your lure choices! This looks WAY better than the blue dolphin!!!😂

As good as it is, and it should be outlawed, I have something better now 8) 8) 8) 8)
# SAND

JDK

« Reply #14 on: Sep 20, 2018, 01:07 PM »
I've seen that before but they are never in stock.  I know there is one other spot you could get them but I really wanted to get one in my hand before I bought it.  Based on his claims and his ability to self promote you would think everyone would have ten in their tackle box.....I mean it supposedly out fished the entire Great Lakes fleet.  I imagine I could just ditch the fam for a few months, move to a cave and whittle myself something better.

He sure seems like a whack job with an understanding wife(s).

While my memory is terrible, I seem to remember reading a lot of articles about him trolling for browns with Rapalas (the #11 in particular).   
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.